JW working the obituaries

by Icansaylucky 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

In the next to the last congregation I attended, witnessing at cemeteries was a big thing to do on Memorial Day. Their reasoning was that on that day, many people were tending the graves and this was the oportune time to give a resurection witness. Puke...puke! Mother's Day was another big day for this also.

I never knew of any elders to do this though, including myself.

How lovely it is to be free!

HappyDad

• rebel8
    rebel8

I've also heard of JWs doing this. Many of the things they are taught to do violate normal good manners.

JWs are not the only obituary opportunists. So are thieves, antique dealers, etc. I've heard of many others working the obits for their business purposes. (And thieves breaking into decedents' homes during the funeral. It's a good idea to ask your local cops to check on the house during a family funeral.)

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

SICK!

DL76

• DocHayes
    DocHayes

Seriously, we used troll cemetaries just offer the "What Hope For Dead Loved Ones?" tract. It was one of the many thing us few pioneers could come up with to make time. We drive around the cemetary in our witness wagon, like vultures, and look for those who maybe visiting their late relatives. We would wait then approach. People seemed to be receptive, but we didn't care because we made a placement.

Looking back on it, that was kinda sick.

• Sith
    Sith

The nerve and tactlessness (is that a word?) of these people have no bounds. My mother lay dying in a hospital room last month, and the sister...one of the annointed no less...who studied with us and brought us into the Untruth, came by to visit. She took the opportunity to pray for my mom. So with me, my two sisters and 3 kids standing around my mother's death bed, she prayed for me to see the light and find my way back to Joe Hoba's house. It took all my strength to keep from punching her in the mouth. The hilarious thing was, she had to borrow my hat to say the prayer. It had a big Black Sabbath logo on it.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

There are soooo many things I could say here, but I better not...

J

• Sith
    Sith

Jeannie, maybe you could just whisper them

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

It's hard to remember, but I think we used to do this writing too. I specifically remember one time going to a cemetary, thank God there were no mourners that time, just workers, so of course we placed the tract with them.

• battman
    battman

Sith,

Welcome to the board. ROTFLMAO about the annointed praying with your hat.

Priceless.

battman

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

Very common for the old & infirmed bethel sisters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit