Headaches?????

by whyamihere 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Hi there, yet more advice....

Have your eyes checked. Even if you wear corrective lenses or contacts. your prescription may need to be updated.

That you get about the same time of day leads me to suspect it is your eyes. I suspect also that after lunch you regularly engage in something or maybe you do at lunch, like reading the COMPUTER for too long of time without taking microbreaks.

Every 15 mnutes look across the room and focus your eyes on a spot or object for about 20 seconds. This will help out a lot.

Another good suggestion that was posted is to cut down on caffeine, but be careful if you are a regular coffee/tea drinker cause if you cut down too much too fast you may get addiction headaches too.

-Eduardo

PS: Stop asking a bunch of non-medical muggles on the Net and go see a real doctor for goodness sake it could be the sign of somethng very serious like hypertension (high-blood pressure) or god-forbid a cancerous growth.

• rebel8
    rebel8

There are countless reasons for headaches and many different solutions. Your dr. should be able to help. In the meantime, you could try medicine.net or webmd.com--both have general medical info.

I know I am already having bad allergy headaches--worse than usual, and pretty early in the year consider that almost nothing is in bloom here. Maybe it's a bad year for allergies.

• kls
    kls

Here is the best advice of all , Stop banging your head against the table to get your brain started,,,,,,,,,,See problem solved

I is so glad i is wayyyyy over here

• Liberty
    Liberty

Many foods contain the flavor enhancer MSG, Mono Sodium Glutimate. This stuff is not good for anyone but in some people, myself included, even small amounts can cause severe migrane-like headaches, and larger amounts cause headaches with nausia, vomiting, hot flashes, skin flushing, and diarrhea. Check your meals & snacks for MSG and ask restaurants if they use it then try eliminating it from your diet to see if this is causing your headaches.

• love11
    love11
    ew! can mold really grow in your body?? I am really allergic to mold!

Technically, it's incorrect to say mold (sorry, I slang talk alot and people misunderstand) , a better term for it is yeast!

So if you are severely allergic to mold like I am then you should avoid foods that help grow yeast in your body, like sugar. Also things like cheese, wine, beer, leftovers, mushrooms. Any thing that ferments, stuff like that. I went to have that pin prick test (another slang term because I don't know the correct name for the test) and it told me all the molds I was allergic to. So now the doctor is going to make up this serum. I have to have shots every week for the next three years. I guess they give you a little bit of what you're allergic to every week and gradually your body builds up and immune to it. But I'm not sure if I'm going to do it because every time I go I have to pay a co-pay of $10.00, so that's 40.00 a month. I think I'd rather just move where it's dry and not swampy like it is here.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Another really obvious issue can be constipation. My business focuses mainly on cleansing the body, all body systems, especially the colon.

Most people are constipated. The headaches from the toxins it causes, can be brutal.

Just a thought...................after watching Oprah today, I remembered this thread. I can't believe I didn't add it to my earlier comments.

• Garnet
    Garnet

I am also a chronic migraine sufferer as well as a chronic daily headache sufferer (wonderful isn't it?) I also suffer from chronic pain - all due to a auto accident.

Anyway, from doing a lot of research - everyone here has most of the things covered. Please do keep a "headache diary" track down all the mediations you take, and please watch your intake of over the counter medications. They can cause a spiraling effect called a rebound headache.

I would also first make an appointment with your PCP and then if they continue, a Neurologist. A chiropractor can help your situation, but that of course would depend if it is muscular or skelelal. I have chronic spasms in my neck and have been prescribed a TENS unit for home use to try and relax my neck problems. Of course, it has been 4 years and after about a dozen different therapies...what else can I try?

Feel free to PM me if you would like to talk more - you can also visit the about.com website and look up migraines/headaches - they offer great advice/information there.

Garnet

• Garnet
    Garnet

I am also curious...are we talking migraine, tension, or just a plain ole' bad headache? There are so many types out there...just curious.

Curious Garnet

• Charisma
    Charisma

about ten years ago I had headaches. They started and wouldn't go away. Eventually I even started having blackouts in my left eye. I went through all kinds of tests and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then my dr asked what I do. I said I worked in the Deans office for the University typing work for the Dean and the Dean's assistant on a computer but I have been on a computer for years I told him. That can't be the issue. He said, well you never know. He put a pencil on the table and tipped the table every so much. Very slowly the pencil rolled off the table. He said life can be like that. Until the pencil actually fell off the ledge, all seemed ok, but eventually there was a reaction. He said, try something different with your computer set up.

So, my ex husband built me a stand for my monitor to raise it up at work, and a miracle happened. It all went away. Evidentally something was putting pressure on my neck and then a nerve because of the angle I was looking at my computer at work all day.

It might not have anything to do with your headaches, but I sure was surprised that it had anything to do with mine.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I used to get regular headaches, including migraine. I did a 10 day fast, nothing but water. Lost a bit of weight, that mostly went back on after, but didn't get any sort of headache for many years after.

I started getting headaches again, but they disappeared when I went on an all raw vegan diet. The diet eventually caused other health problems including angina and I don't recommend it as a permanent diet, but I believe it it does have therapeutic uses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit