Headaches?????

by whyamihere 30 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I have been getting headaches for the past year or so. I have never had this problem in my life with bad headaches. Now it is not huge pain but a 5 out of 10. It is everyday and hits me at 2 pm.

My Neck is stiff and it hurts. My Head hurts in the back and front pretty bad. I take over the counter medication. Nothing works it doesn't even take it away just a little. I am just tired of getting them. It is huge pain to have it take my day from me. I have 2 kids at home and I want to be 100% for them. I don't want to be the crabby Mom who yells at her kids for making noise at night.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Or any advice? Help!

Brooke

• catchthis
    catchthis

I believe, and I can probaby dig up an article that backs it up, that if you attend the meetings again you will feel much better.

Sorry, I just HAD to use that line!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

LOL....You so had me going for a sec you Ass!

That's funny!

Brooke

• talesin
    talesin

When you say every day at the same time, I'm thinking -- food, metabolism. Do you need to eat? Are you having the same thing at lunch time? Perhaps there is a sensitivity there ...

Are you burnt out and need a nap by 2:00? Could it be that simple? Maybe your schedule needs to be tweaked.

tal

KISS class

ps. have you had your eyes tested lately ... Oops, I see LT covered that! *waves at LT*

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It could be something as simple as ergonomics. Spending too much time in a fixed position in front of a computer, for example.

Another possibility could be your pillow height, so that your neck isn't relaxing properly when you sleep.

Yet another possibility is eyesight - have you had your eye's tested recently?

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I will check out the eating habits.

I don't spend my days at the computer. Some days I will be on here longer but never to a point where I would think that might be why I am getting headaches.

I will check out the pillow thing. Eyesight? Maybe! I do go in for a check up soon but I don't know if that it is it because I am regular with my Dr appt about my eyes.

Brooke

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Brooke:
    Recently I strained a small muscle in my back, after holding a fixed position over a laptop for over an hour. Several weeks later it still gives me twinges. Even something as subtle as the height of the monitor can affect strain on the muscles in the neck.

If you need glasses or contacts, and the prescription isn't right, it can cause eye-strain - another major cause of headaches, especially amongst the vain.

Hopefully the pillow thing speaks for itself

~waves at Tal~

• love11
    love11

Headaches are one of those things that could be a symptom of anything, so it's hard to pin point what is causing your pain.

I just went to my ENT doctor today to have an allergy test. It turns out, the reason I have headaches, feeling tired all the time, groggy, foggy headed feelings, is because I'm allergic to almost everything around me. I'm allergic to 5 kinds of mold, ash tree, birch tree, cottonwood tree, dust, dust mites, and cockroaches. (no I don't have these in my house, thank god.) Apparently, when the mill makes paper for books, the cockroaches get ground up in the paper, so books have the allergen. I guess my book sniffing days are over, da**!

Also, bright light always gives me a headache and any hormone changes. (like pms, period,etc,.)

So anyways, now I can't eat cheese, mushrooms, drink wine or beer, no leftovers, only freshly cut meat and poultry, or eat alot of bread and sugar. Because they all have mold on them or cause mold to grow in your body. All of them I could learn to live without, but cheese.....no!...no!....how am I going to live without cheese. And I eat the good stuff, none of that processed crap! I think I'll just move to California, get a new house with hardwood floors, and take a claritin and tylenol when I have to have cheese.

Anyways, I hope you find out what's causing your's!!!

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I had the same problem before. Go to a good chiropractor and you'll probably be good in about a month or two.

In the meantime, it might be a good idea to get flatter smaller pillows. They aren't quite as comfortable to sleep on, but they'll do your neck a world of good.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

MANY PEOPLE ARE EXPERIENCES WITH HEADACHES THAT HAVE STARTED USING 'SPLENDA' SWEETNER!

ARE YOU DOING THAT?

OUTASERVICE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit