Headaches?????

by whyamihere 30 Replies latest jw friends

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Outa...

I just recently "by mistake" bought a 6 pack of Splenda craptastic beverage. I had been getting horrible headaches for 2 days.... sure enough within 2 hours of drinking the Splenda...headache.

• JW83
    JW83

Hi, a few years ago I had a similar problem, & we found out that it was because my head was getting addicted to the painkillers, which had been prescribed for the original headache! If I were you, I would go off all medication for a few days, & look after yourself, & see if that helps. If all the obvious things have been looked at (eg teeth, stress, food etc). I hope they get better soon!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Could be lack of water...................being dehydrated causes really bad headaches.

Also too much estrogen................those are killer headaches, as any pregnant woman can tell you.

Someone already mentioned food issues. I know women who get them from eating chocolate and from chicken, but they can't leave them alone. We are talking bad migraines too. Who does that on purpose?

Caffeine withdrawal??

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Because they all have mold on them or cause mold to grow in your body

ew! can mold really grow in your body?? I am really allergic to mold!

• Es
    Es

I so feel your pain i have had that problem for years unfortunately im so used to pain killers that they dont do anything anymore. I usually get them when im stressed or havent had enuf sleep or hormonal problems. But whats helped is i have invested in one of those chiro pillows i havent had a headache for months now which is really saying something for me. Hope this helps es

• Odrade
    Odrade

Since you are getting them nearly every day--midafternoon, at the same level, relieved (I assume) by sleep, watch your schedule and take notes. See if you feel different on the days you completely change your routine.

The Splenda thing is a good idea. Also dehydration, or low blood sugar. Also, the eyesight thing is good. Have them do a full range of tests, including checking your depth perception and peripheral vision. Eyestrain can cause severe headache, although eye-strain headaches tend to be more in the temples, behind the eye or above the ear. The Frontal/occipital pain pattern is particularly associated with typical muscle tension. How much time do you spend on the phone, have you recently changed your desk position or work patterns? .

Check your posture in the mirror, is your neck pulled forward so your head has to look slightly upward from the neck to be straight? Or does your ear line up posturally with the shoulder. Head forward posture can severely affect tightness in the back of the head (occipitally,) which in turn creates tightness in the forehead and top of the head. As the day goes on, this tightness would get worse, and easing up at night when you lay down. If it is your posture, see a Massage therapist or occupational therapist who specializes in this type of work.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Thank you everyone for all the advice. I will keep a daily log of what I eat and analyze it.

I will try the pillow.

I made appt with a Chiropractor.

I will look at my foods for Splenda......Does Coke have Splenda?

I think Stress may be a problem with my head aches. I have alot of stress. Is there any Vitamin that helps with stress?

I think I need to take time outs from the kids and breathe.

Thanks everyone I hope it works!

Brooke

• Odrade
    Odrade

B-complex is good for stress. There are lots of supplements for coping with stress, but physiologically, stress makes your body burn up B vitamins really quickly, so they need to be replaced.

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose
    Someone already mentioned food issues. I know women who get them from eating chocolate and from chicken, but they can't leave them alone. We are talking bad migraines too. Who does that on purpose?

Unfortunately, it's quite common to crave the foods to which you're allergic/sensitiveand the craving drive in the body is pretty strong. You have to be right on top of it at all times, and that can be wearing depending on what foods you're talking about. (PMS/hormonal cycles can be a brutal battleground.) I tested positive to pretty much everything they test for (except yeast). That's beef, chicken, pork, green beans, apples, oranges, bananas, dairy, corn, wheat...and more. You can see how completely avoiding all those foods is a little difficult (I've opted for watching the high-trigger ones and varying my diet enough that I'm not eating too much of any one thing repeatedly).

I've had headaches pretty much every day of my life, mostly due to being raised in a "5 pack a day smoking" household. Once out of that house, I was in a car accident and sustained a minor whiplash and had spasmic headaches. About 6 years ago it became apparent that the headaches I thought were sinus-related were actually migraines. I went from 6 days a week with migraines at their worst, to now, where I get them like clockwork cyclically.

If the headaches are sudden to your life and cyclical, the first thing you need to do is record everything...a doctor will want to know what you're eating, your environment, if anything's changed in it (i.e. at work they're using a new photocopier...different environmentals), your stress and stressors and what may have changed in your life. If you can, try to figure out how the rest of your body feels (i.e. are you feeling pain anywhere else, tight muscles, aches, noticeable differences in your heart beat or breathing and the like) before, during, and after.

I hope you find relief soon!

Edited: At the top of this page is a box that says "Headache Diary" and gives a .pdf for filling in. The idea is to fill it in when you get a headache and look for patterns. http://www.quailhaven.com/migraine.html

• love11
    love11

Coffee!!!!!!!!! Coffee used to give me migraines if I didn't have a steady supply always in my system. I used to have one cup in the morning and one occasionally in the afternoon. If I didn't have coffee for a day, I'd have a headache.

Now the only thing I drink is tea or water. I now have about a 1/2 to 3/4 of the headaches I used to have. But the first week off of coffee is probably the closest I've ever came to experience detox. It was hello!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit