So what happened to Iraq's oil?

by upside/down 23 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

Everyone says the US was after Iraq's oil.... most likely true..... so where is it?

Why is oil skyrocketing.... especially on the futures markets.... the Saudi's make the same amount of dollars as what benchmark price... the speculators (mostly American) are the real force driving the price up. Of course no one will ever blame Wall Street... it's those Saudi bastards!

Saddam for all his "incompetency" had semi-trailers full of cash, dollars, euro's, franc's maybe even some pesos lol... FROM OIL!!!

The Iraq war is costing about a BILLION dollars a day... they said the oil would pay for it.... where is it. Who owns it? The Iraqi gov't or the oil companies? Every once in a while you read about a pipeline being sabotaged in Iraq.... where's it going and I assume that's an OIL pipeline?

I have a hard time knowing I can't afford health insurance but my taxes are supporting a hemmoraging wound.... unless I've missed something or am seriously misinformed. I'm personally quite "neutral" on the issue (a Dubish carryover I know) of the war, and I don't "hate" the US.. I'm actually quite grateful and supportive to a degree....

But something isn't adding up... Bush may not be well liked by some... but he is a BUSINESSMAN and I don't see where this is going. He can't WANT to ruin the world (that's rediculous) economy... Where is this all going to settle?

u/d (of the 10W-30 class)

• upside/down
    upside/down

And don't tell me...."God's Kingdom" will fix it damn it!

u/d

• Satanus
    Satanus

Everybody seems to be finding more oil - china, cuba, africa, etc. From those reports it seems that there is more oil than ever before. Then, on the other side, you have the oil peakers. Some people have suggested that bush's (an oil man from an oil family) and his oil buddies' real goal is not exploiting middle eatern oil for immediate profit, but siezing control of the world's oil and rigidly controling output. In the longer term, this would bring much higher profits and untold world power. Time will tell.

S

Ps, in that scenario, the peak oil mantra is preparing the consumers for scarcity and dramatic price increases

• breeze
    breeze

I heard it was because China is entering the world economy more and are becoming a big oil user ...??

upside/down is that you on the float...WOW!!! Very Nice???

BREEZE

• upside/down
    upside/down

please see...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/15/89834/1.ashx

edited so as not to incite yawning....

pardon the mistake.

u/d

• talesin
    talesin

u/d

If I want to look at a woman's ass, I will look in the mirror. Yes, I read your "my wife's ass" thread, and don't wish to go back to it. *yawn*

What relevance does it have to this thread's topic?

As for Bush not exploiting politics for personal gain, well, I guess you didn't see him walking around last week holding hands with his 'bestest-friend', the Saudi prince.

Can you say "Spin Doctors"? We won't know what the heck they are planning till it happens. That's my take on the subject.

talesin

Oh yes, and I'm surprised that his other old business buddy, Canada's new Ambassador the the US, Frank McKenna, hasn't been more visible sucking up! What a farce.

• upside/down
    upside/down

It was for Breeze.... meant to PM it sorry..... geeez.

u/d

• upside/down
    upside/down
    Can you say "Spin Doctors"? We won't know what the heck they are planning till it happens

I guess that's my point.... what are "they" planning?

You can't actually believe they are out to ruin the worlds economy... and as far as the Saudi's being GW's bud's... well duh? Every politician has their cronies constituents they rub elbow with... what do you expect.... it's not a conspiracy.

The last excuse I heard for sky-rocketing fuel prices was "no new refineries", what a crock of shiite, as if no one saw it coming... and the press just eats it up and "spins" it all to us as "truth".

All I know is this... when I lived in SoCal... gas prices were and are higher than almost everywhere outside the metro area... and the "official" reason was "shipping costs"... MY ASS! Then how come gas in Iowa and Colorado is about 30cents cheaper per gallon... and they have to ship it one hell of a lot farther... It's capitalism pure and simple... charge what the market will bear.... NOW THAT'S THE TRUTH.

Some one out there have some good (non-partisan rhetoric) on the subject?

u/d (of the doesn't like to make people **yawn** class)

• talesin
    talesin

Well, you know! A girl can only take so much! I'm sure Breeze enjoyed the view.

But seriously, I bet most people don't even know that Canada is right in there with their little businessmen politics and wheeling and dealing our futures away. Frank McKenna is a big player in the corporate world, and our Prime Minister slid him into that position - so slick it wasn't even funny! The former ambassador was a 'real' politician, not a corporate hatchet-man.

blecch, the whole thing is scary!

Canada has already given away much of our water rights ... for example.

t

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If you think Bush is a good business man, you need to read more. He's anything but.

As for oil, look at whose companies have gotten multi-billion dollar contracts. Texas oil services companies. Halliburton mainly. Dick Cheney's last employer. Look at who has had their hands on money, big money, billions of dollars.... that is just "lost". Unaccounted for. Your money and my money. Frankly, we can't afford it. Why do you hate America so?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit