So what happened to Iraq's oil?

by upside/down 23 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin
    I could ask the same for Afghanistan. I hear the gov't is turning a blind eye to opium production as it's ALL they have.

Man, this is an interesting place to research if you wanna do some reading. The Golden Triangle. The opium fields have made for some fascinating politics and history in the past couple of centuries. I did a bit of reading a few years back when I dated a Syrian for a while. It's complex.

There are no easy answers when you get into it! I would suggest getting some books from the library if you're really interested. I got started, and spent months reading. It showed me how vast my ignorance of that part of the world really is, and gave me a better understanding of current events from the other perspective.

t

• upside/down
    upside/down

So the buck, euro, franc, drachma...stops where?

u/d (of the still doesn't get it class)

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    The Iraq war is costing about a BILLION dollars a day

I still think the prices are being jacked up to pay for this expense. Why else would it have suddenly shot up after the war started (doubling after Saddam was captured)?

I hardly think that the world population exploded in only a couple years, making the demand that much higher. If this is the case, we need not worry about where the oil will come from. We need to start finding another planet to populate, and quick.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

u/d,

have patience. jesus is coming to bail georgie out any day now.

faith. love. hope. long suffering. tenderness. mercy. gracious living. american dreaming. gluttony. hate. sloth. love. george & jesus inc.

TS

actually, the US is in iraq because of the great atrocities commited by the bad sadam ruler. torture, genocide, despotism. WMD. equal rights for women. al queda.

oil is the last thing on his mind. george is a first class humanitarian! taking the american dream to the people who need it the most: the people of iraq!

(american) --> <-- (iraqi) ... oh the love of fellow man!

PRAISE BE TO JESUS THAT OUR PRESIDENT HAS SUCH VISION!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit