She keeps making eyes at me but I'm not interested. :S

by Elsewhere 61 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Poor Else , she must be really bad and she only has eyes for you

• jgnat
    jgnat

That long stare and nonstop talking got me thinking. Could she be on tranquillizers? Does she stare the same way when she talks to other people?

As for how to make her stop, I have no clue. Ever tried to slow down a happy drunk? It ain't pretty.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hi Else,

I think it all depends on how rude you want to appear. You can do anything from telling her that you're already involved with someone---to doing something like picking up and moving to another table when she plops down! (and many variables in between)

It's hard to do any of these things if you're generally a sensitive person---but some folks just don't get it until they're hit over the head with a 2 x 4! Then you feel like a heel for a while, but the "problem" is usually taken care of.

Let us know how it goes...

hugs,

Annie

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm with sunspot.

Is there any way to avoid her at lunch?

I'm thinking, how can she not get a clue that you're not interested? She seems stubborn. Would you confront her aboout it by asking her why she's always sitting with you? Maybe her being put on the spot might make her realize how foolish she is making herself appear.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Oooh, you guys are just plain nasty.
    I still say the booger routine is the way to go.
    You could do it delicately with a pinky...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Lunch isn't really a frequent thing where I work. The group I work with normally goes out to lunch together every few weeks or so. Regarding her talking... the way she does it is she finds a work related reason to call me to her desk or comes to my desk. Once the work related issue is over she takes off into her tangent of talk... and that?s when it starts.... she just drones on and on and on and on and on................. Not only that she becomes mono-tone and has a strong Indian (as in India) accent, which makes it hard for me to understand everything she says which makes the whole thing even more frustrating.

As a side note: One of my dating rules is that I will not go out with women from India or the Middle East. The reason is because their families are almost always very patriarchal which causes them to stick their nose into matters which are none of their concern, and when you insist they stop they become very hostile. Basically, in India and the Middle East a female's family believe they have every right to control every aspect of her life from birth to death. After my experience with the WTS I am extremely resistant to any form of external influence in my personal life... a combination that gets really ugly really fast.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Regarding her talking... the way she does it is she finds a work related reason to call me to her desk or comes to my desk. Once the work related issue is over she takes off into her tangent of talk... and that?s when it starts.... she just drones on and on and on and on and on.................

Well...........here's a suggestion! Once the contrived work-related conversation has ended and she begins to go off on another subject---then tell her that you need to get back to work!!

Make it very plain and maybe even loud enough for others to hear! It might put an end to that angle!

hugs,

Annie

• TheListener
    TheListener

Start witnessing to her

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Tell her you have a strict rule about dating coworkers; check your company's policy on that; maybe you can have an easy out that way...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Start witnessing to her

LMAO! Too funny! By coincidence yesterday when we (several co-workers in the car) were driving to lunch I mentioned the Crawfish boil for this weekend and the whole JW thing came up. That is when she went off into one of her talking tirades.... she spent about ten minutes telling me all of the little details about how a JW knocked on her door and left her a book and then started going back on a regular basis and how she didn't want to be rude to the JW so she kept taking to literature and how she was eventually invited to the KH and on and on and on and on and on and on.......................................................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit