Drawing unfair comparisions-Convention talk on Tues night

by Jez 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I used to dread these annual Service Meeting items,, when I was Secretary. One of the last ones I did prompted me to write to the Society and make comment about the negative nature of the things I had to say. guess what? I got a very condecending reply.

re Litter - the last D/Assemblies i went to had no litter bins , you had to take your own litter home

Food service can vary locally. I know of one U K assembly venue that insists that the catering comes as part of the hire package and so we could purchase food and drink(at commerecial prices) from "Worldly" stadium staff at any time. But mostly around here it is strictly bring your own.

I know one thing, the assemblies have lost the spirit of fun and comraderie we had when we were young. Oh the joy of scraping leftover food off mealtrays when we were boys! But we had a few laughs....

• heathen
    heathen

I thought it a good point that when bargaining for better rates on the convention site they will mention the impact on the local economy as being a good reason to discount the building rate , but then look what the freaks tell the conventioneers ...... you are no longer allowed to spend money in the local economy. What a joke ... How can these people even take themselves seriously ?

• VM44
    VM44

"Tuesdays meeting had a part about the upcoming summer convention."

Did they also mention about tipping 10 to 15%?

--VM44

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Remember the scripture that goes something like "Woe to you Scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You wash the outside of the cup but inside it is full of vile things."

Gee, who does that make me think of?

• Jez
    Jez
    Did they also mention about tipping 10 to 15%?

--VM44

I don't remember anything about that, but then again, I don't pay attention very often.

Jez

• avishai
    avishai
    I am so tired of this MAINTAIN THE IMAGE talking and OTHERS ARE WATCHING US.

Yup. This is what lead to covering up CHILD MOLESTING. SO THEY COULD KEEP UP THEIR LILY WHITE IMAGE!!

THE IRONY IS NO ONE ELSE ON THE OUTSIDE GIVES A SHIT!!!!

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf
    ...because we are a clean people

OH MY...what a crock. I cannot tell you how many homes of JW's we were in that were absolutely FILTHY!! Quite a few of the "brothers and sisters" at the meetings also had a problem with B.O. and dirty clothes. We even had an elder who always looked like he used his shirt for a bib while he was eating...jeeeeeeeeeeshhhhhh.

This kind of crap really pisses me off. (And it's not nice to piss off HadEnuf)!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

25 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of plunder and immoderateness. 26 Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside of it also may become clean. 27 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men?s bones and of every sort of uncleanness. 28 In that way YOU also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous to men, but inside YOU are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. MATTHEW 23:25-28
  • diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Its true....they are only concerned about how the WTS and how JWs are perceived on the outside and are keen on maintaining a white washed image after all would people actually be interested in belonging if they knew about the darker side of the organisation such as the Child Abuse and Negligence, UN involvement, and their mind control tactics?

I think not....Blonde is as usual spot on with the scriptual reference...hypocrites!

DB74

• Gill
    Gill

Totally true about the 'white washed graves' imagery.

Just hearing about this talk is enough to make me seriously cross about the cult.

Isn't it time the world was made more aware of the dangers of the cult and it's 'whiter than white' outer image and rot inside?

These people are every day calling on ordinary people, and searching for the most vulnerable to draw into the 'impossible dream' and its grip of control freakery.

How to warn everyone? Now that's what makes me really think hard!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit