Drawing unfair comparisions-Convention talk on Tues night

by Jez 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

It's funny. The WT tells JWs to NOT go out to eat, NOT spend money at businesses around the convention site, etc. Then, when negotating rents for the arena, the WT brags about how much $$$ the rank-and-file will be spending in the local community.

If the WT could figure out how to get a cut of the concessions, they would have NO qualms about the concession stands opening.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

good thinking Jez,

i think it is funny how important cleanliness is to them. yet they don't see what a lie they are living internally.

as clean as white washed graves, but on the inside, full of every defilement.

okay, maybe a bit strong, but the double standard glares at me!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I was very touched at the stories on the news about people travelling like 30 hours on a bus and then sleeping in the streets to see the Pope and be at the funeral.

What an inconsiderate moron to even bring up that up.........as I would not have thought of the garbage at all, but the people that came out of thier hearts, made sacrifices that were not forced but out of what they believe thier faith to be.

Waiting in lines for hours to walk by the dead Pope. How many people would go to New York if one of the GB died?

There is probably not one Catholic Church counselling the members for the amount of trash that was left behind.....LOL.......now it really sounds so rediculous.

I am so glad I am not going to convention this year. Hours of sitting till your brain is mush and your bum is numb. They repeat the same thing over and over again every year, and push push push to do more. I would love to hear some experiances of normal regular people overcoming daily obstacles of life and how they dealt with it. But instead we hear about some freak witnessing that sounds so far fetched hardly anyone can relate to it nor would want to.

purps

• Honesty
    Honesty
    They have always wasted on other religions and always will.. but now the world has the internet.. and payback's a bitch.

GBL

GBL, You hit it right on the WatchTower God's lying, theiving, deceiving, death dealing apostate head. Their own medicine is finally coming back around to poison them and they're crying about persecution and opposition.

• vitty
    vitty

I dont understand WHY they dont want you to use vendors.

Can anyone explain?

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but it was brought up

This year is the second one we will miss yipeeeeeeeeee

• Jez
    Jez

Can anyone explain?

I think it boils down to the fact that they cannot control the hours of operation, so you would have ppl lining up early, leaving the sessions early, eating at their seats during the sessions, in other words-major disruption.

Jez

• Jez
    Jez

oh yah, and more garbage to deal with....

• rebel8
    rebel8

Just look at how much garbage was left at St.Peters Square after the inaguration of the new pope. There was a ton of garbage. How much better are Jehovahs people!"

LOL. Such a stupid thing to say. Didn't it occur to them that all the jillions of people in St. Peter's Sq were not Catholic, either? Some people like to go to historical events.

• FairMind
    FairMind

It has been speculated that money spent on purchasing food from vendors would be money not put into the contribution box. If the convention attendees all bring their lunches rather than eat out then the Vendors can't say that business is being taken away from them. In the Orwellian scheme of things this all seems logical.

• Jez
    Jez
    LOL. Such a stupid thing to say. Didn't it occur to them that all the jillions of people in St. Peter's Sq were not Catholic, either? Some people like to go to historical events.

Great point. I never thought of that fact. Why blame the Catholics or other religions of the world when alot of those ppl may not have even been religious, just historians or interested in a momentous world event!

Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit