WOULD YOU........................?

by Terry 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

You're not talking about anesthetic. You are talking about ending your life with a lie.

I watched my father die. He didn't need a pill to help him.

D Dog

• Sirona
    Sirona

Terry,

The way things are currently you put a suffering animal and a condemned criminal out of their misery but are required to witness a slow and lingering death by wasting disease on your mother or father.

I agree, it seems to be ridiculous that we have to let our family die a slow horrendous death when we humanely put our animals out of their misery. I would favour a drug which sent the suffering individual into oblivion (not necessarily orgasm but maybe a peaceful state). I don't know, orgasm to me is always about life and love (as in, either alone happy with your life or with someone celebrating your relationship).

Sirona

• JW83
    JW83

Terry, I think it is a great hypothetical question - & some people need to lighten up! Going out with an orgasmic bang sounds good to me ...

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

2. ...because i don't believe in an afterlife, but simply non existence after death. so, if death is simply a biological shut-down, and there really is no mystery to it, then yes, i would take my right to die and 24 hrs of ecstasy. part 2: yes i would carry it around with me if i knew i would be in a foxhole. but would not carry it around in everyday life.

• love11
    love11

How near to the end of your natural death?

It would have to be pretty freakin near for me to take the pill. Why? Because your life can change in a blink of an eye, and you never know what is around the corner. Something really amazing can happen in your life that makes living worthwhile. Also, I wouldn't want to miss a moment of time spent with my family.

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I would keep the pill in my pocket and slip it to anyone I felt like killing. Better yet, I would give it to a friend at a chemical lab so that he could synthesize a version of the pill that was as non-fatal as possible.

After all, an orgasm pill would be quite popular on the black market.

Once I've made my money I would put some in a long range term deposit (entrusted to my great great grandson of course) and have myself cryogenically frozen. Once I get thawed and cured me and my great great grandson would split the cash and throw the biggest apostifest the world has ever known.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Ok if this is a hypothetical drug I would want it to be the total of:

1.) A wasabi rush
    2.) The greatest sexual orgasm
    3.) The high you get when you get your neck cracked at the Chiro
    4.) The high you feel after a long run
    5.) The high you get from a good wave ride...surfing.

Combine those 5 orgasms into one pill.....I'm there buddy!!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Diamorphine is used to dull the pain of terminal patients, so I don't see this as being much different (the way the question is posed just momentarily humorises the concept, lowering the psychological barriers erected against euthanasia ).

Whether the final moments are in a stupor or a high, the end is nigh. From a believer's perspective I don't see that it's going to have any effect on the "soul". If God was going to "convert" them during those last few moments, how come He didn't know they were going to get some drug, and get on with the process earlier in life? Maybe their moment of "peace" would come just as the drug was administered but before it hit the nervous system?

There are plenty of examples of suicide (and assisted suicide) in the bible and literature contemporary to the period. I don't recall any direct admonition against it, so I'm more than happy to play devil's advocate for those "believers" who would like to thrash out the subject...

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LT

There are plenty of examples of suicide (and assisted suicide) in the bible and literature contemporary to the period. I don't recall any direct admonition against it, so I'm more than happy to play devil's advocate for those "believers" who would like to thrash out the subject...

Just one of those little 10 commands "Thall sall not kill". I'm sure you will rationalize it away.

D Dog

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

DDog:
    Ok, I'll bite.

How are you on "Just War" theory?

If you agree with the occasional necessity for warfare (and I wouldn't necessarily put the latest one in Iraq in that category) then your position is immediately undermined.

Of course it is, anyway, from a biblical OT perspective, given the entrance of the Israelites into Caanan, but that's another story...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit