Would you give your life to get your family out of the Watchtower?

by zugzwang 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Not me! The ones who remain are not worth it.

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

zugzwang said:

"so what you are saying is that you wouldn't be willing to die so that others might live? that's the basic concept of christianity. (not that i am saying christianity is the proper course) i guess the concept of dying that others might live is foreign to you. many people die everyday for strangers (soldiers, policemen, firefighters etc. etc.) it doesn't surprise me at all that some people would sacrifice themselves, even if it is only to improve the lives of others a little bit."

zugz

First of all, what the hell are you talking about, first you ask if I would give my life to get my family out of the watchtower then I say no and then you make an off the wall comment that the concept of dying so that others may live is foreign to me, which is a totally different, non-related issue, if that were the ? asked then my answer would be yes but that wasnt the ? asked...is there something Im missing here cuz your statements just arent making sense to me?...Whateva!

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf
    NO!!!!!!

Yeah...I'm with you on that devinsmom! Cathy L.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Nope

• DHL
    DHL

Never!!!!

My life is way to precious to give it away for bs. I'd probably give it away to save someones life. Who knows! But definitely not to save someone from stupid thinking because other peoples decisions are none of my business. We are all free to make our own decisions. Saying that I don't mean I never act stupid. But I would never ask anyone to give his life to cure that.

Actually I've bee suicidal for about 10 years but the only thing that always held me back from doing it was the clear realisation, that my death would only get these folks deeper into their belief as they would have said: "See, this is what happens to people who left god!". This realisations serves as answer for your question, too.

So just forget about it! I love my life way too much these days.

• dh
    dh

there are plenty of better causes i could give my life for than that. no, and anyway, in this hypothetical scenario, how are you going to give your life? say goodbye and go to an execution chamber? as if. it's nice and melodramatic and all, and it's easy to think of death with a meaning as justifiable suicide because our own lives are failed, but i think it's still suicide and giving up. better to use your life to try and get your family out, and if you can't, you can't, live your life.

• zaphod
    zaphod

i wouldn't give my life, but the more i am finding out about the wts, the more i have a burning desire to do something to open their eyes.

unfortunately, the words brick wall and banging my head against come to mind. i can't blame them though. i would have been just the same.

thank goodness my sexual urge was stronger than my spiritual need or i probably would never have got out myself.

zaphod

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Nope, my kids need me to live so I can tell them the real truth, and the rest of my family are adults, it's up to them to sort it out 4 themselves.

I know it seems harsh, but the only family I truly care about that's still in is my sister. She's been told enough, the rest is up to her.

• Swan
    Swan

Yes. Yes I would. I don't think my husband would understand or agree with my decision, but if it was guaranteed, I would give my life for them to escape and have a life of their own.

Tammy

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser
    some of you value your life so little that you would give it up not even so that someone else may live, but so that someone could live differently?

Very good point Devinsmom. I don't see how someone could willingly die just so someone could live a little better. And that is not a sure bet that their lives would be any better outside the JW's.

so what you are saying is that you wouldn't be willing to die so that others might live? that's the basic concept of christianity. (not that i am saying christianity is the proper course) i guess the concept of dying that others might live is foreign to you. many people die everyday for strangers (soldiers, policemen, firefighters etc. etc.) it doesn't surprise me at all that some people would sacrifice themselves, even if it is only to improve the lives of others a little bit.

zugz

WTF are you talking about zugz? This has nothing to do with the question. And if it was a die so they could live question, I still wouldn't willingly sacrifice my life for a JW family member or any JW adult for that matter. Why? Because it wouldn't even cross their minds if the rolls where reversed. They wouldn't even give it a first thought, let alone a second.

I have personaly put my life on the line for the greater good of society and I am not a christian. So what's your point?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit