Would you give your life to get your family out of the Watchtower?

by zugzwang 36 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I don't really know whether I would or not, it depends....

A Christian for example might say yes, believing that only outside the organisation would eternal life be possible for their loved ones.

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

So let me get this straight, and Im not trying to start anything here, but, some of you value your life so little that you would give it up not even so that someone else may live, but so that someone could live differently?

Yes, I agree the wts has hurt many, many people, but to give your LIFE, your very existence for a dumb ass religion, wouldnt that be like letting them win even more and giving them WAY more power than they deserve...come on, giving your life for that, what a bunch of cack!

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

okay devinsmom,

so what you are saying is that you wouldn't be willing to die so that others might live? that's the basic concept of christianity. (not that i am saying christianity is the proper course) i guess the concept of dying that others might live is foreign to you. many people die everyday for strangers (soldiers, policemen, firefighters etc. etc.) it doesn't surprise me at all that some people would sacrifice themselves, even if it is only to improve the lives of others a little bit.

zugz

• Honesty
    Honesty

I did and they still believe 'The Lie'.

• SallySue
    SallySue

Jesus already gave up His life so that they and all of us could live with Him in heaven. The Witnesses would not give up the Org. to accept that free gift.

What good is just getting the family out of the Org. without them accepting the Life that Jesus promises?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    so what you are saying is that you wouldn't be willing to die so that others might live?

but, they are already *living*, and so are we, that's the point for me. they live with their worldview, and i live with mine.

yes, christians have life after death, so giving their life up must be easy. i know, i was a christian once. but now, i have nothing but non existence after death. therefore, death is to be avoided at all costs. if the original question was: "would you take a bullet to save a loved one?" then my answer would be yes. but i would not give up my life so that someone else could keep theirs AND come over to my side of the arguement.

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Hell no, They refuse to look at the WTS for what it realy is when all of the evedince is laid out before them. I don't see why anyone would want to sacrifice their life for someone else's blind stupidity.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Nope it is their life and their choice. While it drives me crazy sometimes...if it gives them a sense of grounding, spiritual centering, and comfort, who am I to take that away from them. I can certainly tell them what I think, but as I have asked them for respect regarding MY spirituality and need to respect their choices as well.

I live for me! I no longer live for other people.

• Frog
    Frog

I hate hypotheticals zz, the stuff of dreamers;-)...but all the same no I wouldn't because when you're a dub you're in it for yourself...as much as I love my family and would love them to join in me on the 'dark side' it would mean me giving up far more for them than they are willing to give up for me. I love them sooo much though, I will just continue to live in hope:-) froglett

• Daytona
    Daytona

Is the Watchtower a burning hell which no one can survive? That is the first question which must be answered before any are asked whether they would give their life.

Daytona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit