Would you give your life to get your family out of the Watchtower?

by zugzwang 36 Replies latest jw friends

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

I asked this question as part of another thread but I thought I would ask it in a new thread. If there were some way to assure that your death would result in your family and friends learning the truth about the WTS would you be willing to die to 'save' them?

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

If I did not have my Children.....Yes!

I value my brothers and if it was just them who got out I would be very happy and I would give my life for their happiness!

Brooke

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

no. IMO, all of us alive, regardless of our worldviews, is good enough for me.

• kls
    kls

Yep and tried it but it didn't help.

• lilbit
    lilbit

Nah my dying would only make them cling to their faith even more because then they would be waiting for me to be resurected

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

The thing that bothers me the most is the stupid blood ban. If it weren't for that the WTS wouldn't be soooooooooooo bad. But that stupid teaching could take the life of someone I love at any moment. That is actually why my father died, because of that teaching. Most everything else, the lies, cover-ups, flip-flops, doctrinal errors and so forth, while not desirable don't threaten their lives on a daily basis. But that stupid blood ban. So frustrating!

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

But lilbit, my question is, what if your death GUARANTEED that they would get out. It's a complete hypothetical because as you suggest, in the real world your death would likely cause them to cling more to the borg. But this is a hypothetical question.

• lilbit
    lilbit

if I didnt have my children then yes I would

• zamzummim
    zamzummim

Depends on the family member.

If it was my daughter, then the answer would be yes. For any other family member the answer would have to be no. My mom is still a JW, and there is no way I would give my life in order to liberate her.

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

NO!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit