Barb Anderson's Court Hearing Update

by AndersonsInfo 68 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I will admit to having grown cynical regarding the legal systems in North America, both the USA and Canada, when it comes to dealing with issues involving religion and religious ethics. The judges seem to avoid touching scared cows, perhaps for fear of opening Pandora's Box, and no doubt feel that the Phyrric victories as won by Ms. Boer should offer a suitable compromise.

I would welcome some of these cases { and not just child abuse issues - shunning, for example is also destructive to a persons well-being ) being bought before the courts in France, Germany and the UK where religious opinion is of a secondary concern and where judges have shown themselves to be generally more courageous and less politically motivated than their US and Canadian peers.

There is no doubt that the WTS days for hiding itself behind and manipulating ambiguous laws will not prevail for ever despite the present frenetically religious climate in the US. This climate has given a sick sort of protection to so many religious groups whose beliefs and methodology are nothing but repulsive for far too long, but I believe that public opinion will eventually force changes upon them.

HS

• rebel8
    rebel8

Just wondering if there's an update on this case....is it still pending?

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Hi Barb & Joe...Havn't talked to you lately. Hope things are still looking better. Would love to see you when you make it out West again. Take care, and thanks for all your hard work...there are so many who are and will benefit from your efforts.

Little Bo Peep (and Rockhound)

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

As to the disposition of the case, the Tennessee Appellate Court in Nashville still has not ruled on Watchtower's Motion for Interlocutory Appeal (after 18 months), but we are waiting patiently.

Thank you for asking.

Barbara and Joe

• VM44
    VM44

bttt because I want to keep track of this! --VM44

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

VM44,

Well done, with the amount of newbies coming on the site its good to let them see,.you know who, for what they are.

KT

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

In light of Beep,Beep's post, I would like to hear from the horse's mouth what the status is because as we all know, the media does not always get the story right.

• willyloman
    willyloman

The reference to beep beep's post, above, is about this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/127898/1.ashx

It appears the judge threw the case out and the Andersons "lost."

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sure we will get the details and rather than second guessing the secondhand info in the media of what they think the court said and what the status is of their cases, rumors fly even when people are ex-JWs. It had to do with how the WTS described their "wrongdoing" in a way that could be misinterpreted.

Has anyone re-read the original posts on this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit