Barb Anderson's Court Hearing Update

by AndersonsInfo 68 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I don't expect a reply to this post, I'm just giving some "food for thought" a phrase I have heard many times from elders.

I wounder how many lawyers that are high up like Phil Brumley really think they are protecting "God's Organization" I can't imagine a fellow that prominate in the legal dept.,, that has to deal with all these issues really believes these guys on the GB are ligit. I so I wounder if they might purposely and cleaverly steer the defence in the wrong direction simply to make the GB lose the case in return for all the misleading the GB has done to them personally and the rest of the rank and file???? (A sort of Hushai frustrating Ahithopel's counsel kind of thing done ever so cleverly) It may even be done subconsciously.

I think the Governing Body may have more traitors in thier company of insiders than they imagine. I mean what ever goes around also comes around.

Anyway,,aside from that I would like to say Barbra and Joe I wish you much success, you both have done a lot to bring about some good for the poor JWs still stuck inside the thought control of the WT.

• jimbob
    jimbob

Barbara,

Thank you so much for sharing this information with us. You have courage that I can't even begin to imagine! Your determination will have a permanant, lasting effect on WT policy no matter what the final outcome may be. I truly hope that the courts will see how damaging WT policy has been for so many people. Thank you for being the voice of thousands of WT victims. May you be blessed in your efforts.

Rick

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    HillaryStep: What can side-step the painfully slow process at which the legal system bumbles along is 'people power' - public opinion. So when and if this case begins to draw blood, perhaps we can all muster our efforts in this regard.; I am certainly prepared to do this.

Thank you for posting this, HillaryStep. I think this needs repeating. It is great that there is so much heartfelt support for the Anderson's efforts. However, support for them voiced on JWD is not really going to make a big difference. As you said, HS, laws change when legislators become confident that their constituents back a change in law.

Currently, any of us can help by writing our representatives in the legislature and explaining that it hurts many innocent citizens of this country for the application of Ecclesiastical Privilege to effectively exempt criminals from prosecution for crimes unless the criminal activity can be discovered by the authorities by some other means. If you feel that those who conceal confessions to crimes are guilty as accessories after the fact, regardless of the clothes they wear, tell your representatives that, too.

Granting absolution may eliminate the perpetrator's debt to God, but it does not eliminate debt to society or to the victims of the crimes committed. In the case of elder bodies, they cannot grant absolution so I don't see why Ecclesiastical Privilege would even apply to them.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• blondie
    blondie

Here is a good site regard the legal issues about abuse reporting.

http://www.smith-lawfirm.com/mandatory_reporting.htm

What are the laws in your state re clergy reporting?

http://www.ncsl.org/programs/cyf/clergy.htm

To find your state legislators:

http://www.ncsl.org/public/leglinks.cfm

Select your state then Legislators on the right

Blondie

• Joker10
    Joker10
    1) Bill Bowen asserts that "the Watchtower Society protects child molestors by its policies".

(2) Bill Bowen presumably asserts "the Jehovah's Witnesses are a destructive cult".

Does (1) have anything to do with (2)? Maybe and maybe not. The point needs to be discussed and established by documented proof

Some things are more than obvious. I won't addresss them here because it is not the origional topic.

• avishai
    avishai

Then don't come on this thread and make snide insinuations, Joker10. As a matter of fact, go tell your elders you post on the board and see what happens. Or go play in traffic. or something.

• sf
    sf

{{ good morning barb...i love you }}

HS states:

It is always enlightening just how much the WTS is prepared to use Satans empire to further its tenuous causes.

Isn't it though?

I grabbed this off Quotes site, as it is very enlightening in and of itself:

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/trumpet_blasts.htm

*** THE WATCH TOWER 1922 November 1 pp.324-325 ***

RESOLUTION
    (Adopted by the International Bible Students Association in Convention at Cedar Point, Ohio, Sunday, September 10, 1922)

THE International Bible Students in convention assembled deem it a duty and privilege to send this message to the nations of earth. As a body of Christians consecrated to obey and follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. we are opposed to engaging in war, revolution, anarchy, or violence in any form; and we are opposed to fraud and deception being practised upon the people by the misrepresentation of the Word of God or otherwise. We earnestly desire peace, prosperity and the blessing of the people with life, liberty and happiness; and we hold that the only means by which this can be accomplished is by and through the reign of Christ.

In the light of the Word of God, and particularly of fulfilled prophecy, we submit the following as a true statement of the facts relating to present conditions:

1. That the rulers of earth have frequently boasted that the World War was fought to make the world safe for democracy, which claim has proven to be a delusion and a snare;

2. That the international conferences at Paris, Washington, Genoa and The Hague, participated in by the financiers and statesmen and approved by the denominational clergy of the world, held for the purpose, as announced, of establishing peace on earth, have failed to bring forth the desired result;

3. That all of the nations of earth are now in distress and perplexity, as the Lord foretold they would be at this time, and that the entire social and political structure is threatened with complete dissolution; and the leading statesmen and rulers of the earth being aware of this fact and of their inability to establish peace and prosperity are frantically calling upon the denominational churches to save the world from disaster;

4. That it is the desire of all the nations and peoples of earth that they might dwell in peace and enjoy life, liberty and happiness;

5. That the people are being misled by those who are attempting to bring about this desire through international conferences and agreements in the form of the League of Nations and like compacts.

We therefore call upon the nations of earth, their rulers and leaders, and upon all the clergymen of all the denominational churches of earth, their followers and allies, big business and big politicians, to bring forth their proof in justification of the position taken by them that they can establish peace and prosperity on earth and bring happiness to the people; and their failing in this, we call upon them to give ear to the testimony that we offer as witnesses for the Lord, and then let them say whether or not our testimony is true.

Relying upon the Word of God and his providential dealings with mankind through Christ Jesus, we as his witnesses hold and testify as follows, to-wit

1. That the World War came in 1914 and was followed by great famines, pestilences and revolutions in various parts of the earth exactly as foretold by the Lord;

2. That 1914 marked the legal ending of the old world and there Christ the rightful King took unto himself his power as king;

3. That the Lord Jesus Christ is now present, invisible to man, and proceeding with the work of establishing his kingdom, for which kingdom he taught his followers to pray;

4. That Satan, long the god of this world, has deceived the statesmen, financiers and the clergy, by inducing them to believe that by international agreement or other combined efforts they can bring the desire of all nations;

5. That all of the world's present organization constitutes the visible part of Satan's empire or organization, and that Satan's empire must now fall before the forward march of the King of glory;

6. That all international conferences and all agreements or treaties resulting therefrom, including the League of Nations compact and all like compacts, must fail, because God has decreed it thus;

7. That all efforts of the denominational church organizations, their clergy, their leaders and their allies, to save and reestablish the order of things in the earth and to bring peace and prosperity must of necessity fail, because they do not constitute any part of the kingdom of Messiah;

8. That on the contrary, during the World War the clergy of these various church denominations were disloyal to the Lord Jesus Christ in this, that they wrongfully united with big business and big politicians to further the World War; they preached men into the trenches and falsely and blasphemously told them that their death upon the battlefield would be counted as a part of the vicarious atonement of Jesus Christ:

9. That they further repudiated the Lord and his kingdom and showed their disloyalty by voluntarily uniting themselves with Satan's organization and boldly announcing to the world that the League of Nations is the political expression of God's kingdom on earth, which announcement so made by them was in utter disregard of the words of Jesus and the apostles.

10. We further hold and testify that this Is the day of God's vengeance against Satan's empire visible and invisible;

11. That the reestablishment of the old world or order is an impossibility; that the time is here for the establishment of the kingdom of God through Christ Jesus; and that all the powers and organizations that do not willingly submit to the righteous reign of the Lord will be destroyed;

12. That if the politicians would faithfully represent the people, and big business would cease exploiting the people, and the clergy would tell the people the truth concerning God's arrangement and the people would cease from strife, the kingdom of Messiah would be established by him without further trouble or distress; but failing thus to do, greater trouble must shortly follow;

13. That for this reason there is now Impending and about to fall upon the nations of earth, according to the words of Christ Jesus, a great time of "tribulation such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" [again], and it is this impending trouble that the rulers and mighty men of earth see coming.

But we hold and declare that Messiah's kingdom is the complete panacea for all the ills of humankind and will bring peace on earth and good will to men. the desire of all nations; that those who yield themselves willingly to his righteous reign now begun will be blessed with lasting peace, life, liberty and endless happiness.

Therefore we bring to the peoples of earth God's message of good tidings contained in the Bible, his Word of truth, and we publish to them his message of peace and everlasting salvation, to wit, that the King of glory, the Deliverer of man, is invisibly present and has begun his reign; that the old world, under the control of Satan has ended and is being rapidly broken in pieces, to make way for the everlastiug kingdom of righteousness now being set up, and that millions of people now living on earth, if obedient to the laws of that righteous kingdom, will continue to live and never die; and we call upon all nations, peoples, kindreds and tongues who love righteousness and hate iniquity to recognize and freely acknowledge that Jehovah is the only true God and that his beloved Son Christ Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords.

Love, sKally

• AlanF
    AlanF

Joker10 said:

: Some things are more than obvious. I won't addresss them here because it is not the origional topic.

Pretty typical for a JW defender. Insinuations without substance. Why are you too cowardly to put your money where your mouth is?

AlanF

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Joker10,

I contacted Bill Bowen and read him your e-mail where you accuse him of being involved in anti-cult meetings, etc., in order to "crush" WatchTower. He said to tell you that his only interest is the exposure of organizations that do not protect children from pedophiles. When Bill speaks to the public or press, his topic is always the same--CHILD ABUSE. Since WatchTower has been found guilty by the preponderance of evidence of not protecting its members children from pedophiles, but, in effect, by their very policies they protect pedophiles, he does not shield them from the glare of public scrutiny.

Barbara

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Joker10,

The fact is that the issue of cults and the issue of child abuse are often, as in the case of the WTS, very closely related. The Hari-Krishna movement, the Mormons, numerous fundamentalist sects and cults within the US as well as the Watchtower have all been havens of lust for those who prey on the innocence of children. The thing all these cults including the WTS have in common, is that they fight with every weapon at their disposal to avoid responsibility for the part they may have played in protecting the perpetrators of these most wicked of crimes.

If only the WTS would show the same zeal it cleansing their congregations of pedophiles that they have shown in pursuing and punishing so-called 'apostates' like Ms. Anderson, nobody would have *any* grounds for complaint.

I for one cannot see how Mr. Bowen could possibly seperate the issues of child abuse and the fertile cultish environment that they use as a platform for their foul deeds. All the survivors ask is that the WTS do the decent thing and lay bare their failures for public scrutiny and to make restitution to all those whom it had a direct hand in damaging due to its anti-social policies.

Surely the Christ they purport to follow would expect nothing less from them? Or would he Joker10?

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit