JWs and moving

by rebel8 34 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Did you ever notice that, when a dub moves, all the other dubs help? I remember many a time when someone moved, the person would just pass it around to everyone in the kingkong hall, and they'd all show up to help. Those who had trucks were obligated to show up. It was a given that everyone would show. No one ever hired movers.

Why is that? Can't people take care of their own responsibilities every once and a while?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Don't know where you live, but in all the moves I made as a witness, I was not offered assistance by other witnesses.

I've been ripped off!!

Maybe I should just send each congregation I was a part of a bill for their share of the moving expenses? hahahaha

J

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I remember all that "moving" shit all too well. Every time someone moved they called me. I can't count the number of times I moved people in the congregation.

Then, one winter I slipped on some ice and injured my knee. I had surgery and couldn't work for the next few months. I lost my apartment and had to move, but no JW would help me move. I had to take what I could carry while on my crutches and leave my furniture behind.

Walter

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

No one ever Helped my Family Move or do anything.

Not even when my older brother had a Tumor no help there!

Brooke

• Mulan
    Mulan

That was one of the nice things about being a JW............everyone helped.

When we've moved my JW mother, none of them show up because "it's the family's responsibility". If we were witnesses, I know they would help.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Is this a joke....

NO HELP AT ALL..... proof that "god" hates me.

u/d

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Yes, we had help moving (not asked for-they just showed up), and my husband helped so many times we lost count. Roofing was another thing-my husband spent so much time on hot, humid days helping others. I made the comment one time that we would hire ours done, because I couldn't see why we should expect brothers to do it for nothing. I just got that glazed-over, I can't understand where you are coming from look I was so used to getting.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

But of course they usually had to rent a moving van, because no one ever had pickup trucks. Kinda hard to load furniture into a 4 door Buick.

And god forbid, if you did own a truck as an extra vehicle you were sure to get asked to help move.

• AlmostAtheist
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Hey, if you're in the click, you'll get all kinds of help with moving! It's one of the perks to stay within the flock.

Actually it's kind of nice. Isn't that a real brotherhood should be like?

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit