Is Jesus God?

by Honesty 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

You DO KNOW gods gonna roast your arse doncha Satanus?

*rolls up two doobs to share with Satanus when they get to hell*

Gumby

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, at least i'll have a buddy there whose loaded w the green

S

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:
    Surely the only begotten "Son of God", who is exactly like his Father, must have exactly the same qualities as his Father? What's to differentiate them?
    I know that isn't exactly the Trinity doctrine, but it was a major step in that direction, for me.
    I asked myself, "do I always have to live in my dad's shadow?", and came to the conclusion that in some aspects of life I might even excel above him in some things...

The point that finally hit me like a sledgehammer was Thomas' words in John 20:28.

Later on I took a fresh reading of Hebrews chapters one and two, which is an argument distinguishing him from angels, etc.

My question to you would be, is it possible to read the NT, especially the gospel of John and not come to the conclusion that it's claiming his deity? If you aren't against the concept, and are reading it neutrally, as you suggest, why would you assume that John was saying anything else?

Even if you were to read it as fiction, you would likely come to the conclusion that the author was making these claims about their main character...

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Honesty,

That's another reason I disfellowshipped the Governing Body of JW's for apostasy

That gave me a chuckle. They do it all the time. No reason we can't DF them. I've never thought about doing that before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit