unforgivable sin

by MerryMagdalene 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think mouthy summed it up perfectly.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Didn't Jojoba put our being forgiven in our own hands...?

How you judge is how you'll be judged... so basically we write our own get out of jail free card- so to speak.

u/d (of the I've forgiven a lot, so "God" better do likewise class)

• mouthy
    mouthy

I think mouthy summed it up perfectly.
    Hey!!! Everyone did you read that!!!! For once I have someone who agrees with me Whoopie!!!! Thanks freedom (((((HUG)))
    Now you understand why I had to bring it back to the top LOL

• upside/down
    upside/down

The ones you don't say sorry for...

u/d

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

They sure muffled on in that "study"

-------------------------------------------------------------

whosoever speaks a 'word'

The 'word' you speak is by your husband - head of your house

You remain not fore-given if the 'word' you speak (with your life) goes against what is good and righteous - God gives growth - spiritual growth

.......... though I was their husband, says the Lord

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's an explanation; eg. for when you're thinking about things like, lets say "the blood issue" or "shunning", and you know that dumping your own children just doesn't seem right - something's not right, ie. your husband has died.

Accordingly, she will be called an adulteress if she lives with another man while her husband is alive. But if her husband dies she is free from that law, and if she marries another man she is not an adulteress.

It's an explanation - Jws hear everything as threats, and relate it the same way - efforts for reward, threats and punishment - where the f*** do they get that from.

• Flash
    Flash

The Bible?s Viewpoint

Is There an Unforgivable Sin?

IS THERE a punishment worse than death? Yes, death without the hope of a resurrection because one has committed an unforgivable sin. Jesus said that there is a type of sin that "will not be forgiven."?Matthew 12:31.

...In fact, Jesus said that with the exception of the unforgivable sin, "every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven." (Matthew 12:31) So you may wonder, ? What could be so terrible that it is unforgivable by God??

Past the Point of Repentance

Jesus? warning referred to willful and deliberate "blasphemy against the spirit." There is no acquittal for this type of sin. "No, not in this system of things nor in that to come," he added. (Matthew 12:31, 32) Those guilty of such sin will not be resurrected.

Past the Point of Repentance? It seems to me 'sinning against the spirit' applies only to those anointed by it. Unrepentance by the non-anointed still earns death and there is no guarantee of a resurrection for any individual unrighteous person, only the hope of it. Would the death of all those at Armageddon be the result of their sinning against the spirit? I don't think so. Also, I think the consquences of sinning against the spirit applies to those who are perfect as well.

• ivy
    ivy
    Some people who were once faithful Christians have purposely drawn away from God, perhaps because of bitterness, pride, or greed, and are now apostate fighters against God's spirit.

This is pretty much what I was brought up believing, and it follows what some of these posts have said. If you knew about the JW teachings, and turned your back on it, then you (being me in this case) have committed the ultimate sin.
    I'm not sure about the being a false prophet part though. Is that what they mean by being an apostate fighter? Is it ok then to know and leave, as long as you don't talk about it?
    No wonder it took me so long to join the forum. I was working up to that truly ultimate sin.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

"I don't have to ride with a blasphemer." -- from Mad Max

Blaspheme: to speak ill of, malign, revile. Can't say that I have ever done that in regard to the holy spirit. Religious institutions yes, h.s. no. Not even sure what or who it is, nor am I aware of witnessing its active presence in said institutions.

~Merry

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I am now taking orders for the our new t-shirt "I Belong to the Unforgiveable Sinners" Club.

we need a logo...any ideas?

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I was taught that this basically means that true apostates can never get reinstated if they D'A themselves or get D'Fd...that scared me when I was younger. At the same time, it bothered me more that some monster like dalmer, bundy or john wayne gacey could have been forgiven for their terrible sins. But not the apostate, no matter how peaceful.

How screwy is THAT???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit