Would you change your past if you could?

by John Doe 36 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

If I changed a few things I may not have what I have today!

I don't think I would because I can change and make the right and best choices for me today and tomorrow and so on!

Try not to dwell on what you could have done or said but do what you want to now and forever! Easier said than Done!

Brooke

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

The secret to happiness is to have no regrets if you can help it....the bad stuff you learn from the good stuff you enjoy while you can.

In answer to the post; Id change nothing....

DB74

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes I would. Going back to my early childhood, I would change my very sad and dysfunctional home life. Of course, none of this was my fault but it contributed to the person I became and the decisions I made. In my young adulthood, I would not have been so scatter-brained. I would have gotten a better education. I would have saved more money. Possibly I would have been a more stable and secure individual and married one of the men I dated.

As to whether or not I would have been interested in what the JWs had to say I will never know.

LHG

• Mary
    Mary

Oh god yes, I'd change my past........in fact, I can't think of any aspect I wouldn't change........

• mapleaf18
    mapleaf18

i'm with you purps (same deal with me)

• Dustin
    Dustin

I would have changed a lot of things about the past if I could. How much time I spent lonely and angry and hating myself, all could have been changed by leaving behind the Jehovah's Witnesses long ago. But, I have really developed into what I wanted to be all along. It's hard to say where and who I would be now without all the bad times. Those help me to manain balance in my life, because I can reflect on what used to be.

• Shania
    Shania

Did you ever hear the song "IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME" So my answer would be YES, YES , YES.........I agree with Terry. No matter what you will always be you, just with a different aittude on things.............there would be so many changes I would make all for the better, never allow a religion to dictate to me or put down any goals I had for myself like it was something evil to God......................oh how I wish I could turn back time,,,,,,,,,,,,the only thing I wouldn't change is meeting my absolutly loving husband.......................he is my soulmate...................

• AlanF
    AlanF

What a difficult question. If you change anything, you almost certainly wouldn't have the people you love around you now. I wouldn't have my wife, my daughter or her kids.

However, given a chance to look ahead at the future and choose among various alternatives, that would be a different story. Or given the chance to be fully informed about the implications of certain choices, such as continuing to be a JW or not going to college, without specific knowledge of the future, would be a nice opportunity.

AlanF

• doogie
    doogie

honestly, i wouldn't change a thing. and i'm NOT an overly optimistic, touchy feely, "i couldn't be happier with my life" kind of guy.

if i hadn't gotten baptized, i wouldn't have gone to bethel, wouldn't have gone to cancun, wouldn't have met my girlfriend, wouldn't have moved to texas...would still be living in wisconsin with my immediate family around me. and i wouldn't be any happier than i am now. in our minds, the grass is always going to be greener somewhere but in reality, the grass is pretty much brown and dead everywhere. and there's lots of fire ants.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf
    Well, these are just some late night mind ramblings of a guy who's putting off his homework. :-)

Good ramblings me thinks! Interesting question.

If I hadn't been a JW I wouldn't of course have met my dear hubbie and had my two wonderful sons. My oldest son wouldn't have met his wonderful Brookie (whyamihere) and had two precious (grandma talk) kiddies. And so on and so forth. These are probably the only good things that came out of being a JW.

AND furthermore...if the elders hadn't acted in their "elder mode" and crapped on my son and his soon-to-be-wife, my hubbie and I would probably still be imprisoned by the Watchtower and plodding along like the drones we were. So in that case GOOD THINGS came from, what at the time, we thought were BAD THINGS.

LIFE IS GOOD. DON'T LOOK BACK!

Cathy L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit