Would you change your past if you could?

by John Doe 36 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I feel that all the BS I have gone through in my life has made me who I am and I really like myself. My only regret has to do with getting a degree while I was young and childless, so that I could make enough money to actually support a family. And to concentrate on a career that I actually enjoy.

I am going back to school before this year is out, but I have to work a full-time job and take care of my family too. Spending time with my kids is very important to me, which is why I have not gone back to school before now.

So, I think that is my biggest regret and it's thanks to the BS of the JW's that kept me from getting a real career when I was young. But I'm not bitter, I'm just older and wiser and hounding my kids to get a college degree and do something they enjoy.

• kls
    kls

If i could change it i would with out a second thought but i can't so i don't even think about it.

<--------------------------------BEING A MONKEY HAS IT'S PERKS

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I just wouldn't have gotten baptized as such a young age as I did to please my parents.

DY

• dh
    dh

if i did that i wouldn't be me .

• Terry
    Terry
    if i did that i wouldn't be me .

You are always you.

Think about it.

T.

• dh
    dh

i think i am the sum of my experiences and maybe a soul or an energy on top, but without my experiences i am not me, i would not be who i am now, i would be someone else, with someone else's thoughts, alien to the ones i have now. maybe the same soul if you believe in that, but if i change my past, then that makes me a distincively different person to who i am now.

edited to add: i suppose you could say i would be 'a different me'

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think all of us would change certain things in our life, but hopefully we have learned from our past. With that, we can make our future better.

• Krystal
    Krystal

I like who I am now and I am not sure if I would have gotten to this point if my past had been different.

So, NO I wouldn't change my past, cause if I did, who knows what I would be like now.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

I don't think I would.

I'm not happy with some of my life choices, but I don't really regret anything. Hell things could be worse.

I'm happy with myself and have learned to love myself.

If I had not made the chioces I did I would not be where I am today, and I'm happy with my life right now.

Plus I wouldn't have the two beautiful children I have today, they were worth all the heart ache and pain I've been through. And I would be prepared to go through it all again just 4 them.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    I've concluded that self-reflection is beneficial, but regret is bad.

Regret is living in the past, self-reflection is looking toward the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit