Would you change your past if you could?

by John Doe 36 Replies latest jw friends

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I would only change things if I could keep the knowledge I gained from allllllll those stupid mistakes along the way. Otherwise, I'll keep the hand I was delt.

CountryGuy

• Frog
    Frog

If we weren't supposed to learn from or past "mistakes" we would have been given hindsight as an additional sense. I don't think there are too many mistakes we can make, everything we do is a learning experience in life. I'm certain that most of our "transgressions" are more than forgivable by the people that know and love us best.

Froglett/from the no looking back class

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Who couldn't say they wished they knew then what they know now? Still, I see your point about it, but, damn, I wish I knew then what I know now. And I'll probably be saying it again at 60 when I look back on now!

• asilentone
    asilentone

It would be nice if I can change my past.

• John Doe
  • GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    I'd be a fool not to change my life.

It would mean I'd learned nothing at all about life.

• I'd get a damned fine education, for one thing. I'd save money and invest it wisely.
    • I'd travel and meet diverse people in different cultures.
    • I'd learn languages early on.
    • I'd take music lessons.
    • I would delay marriage until my forties when I had some sense and life experience.

What Terry said, but I got the marriage thing right on the first try, so I'd keep that.

gently feral

• zagor
    zagor

Honestly as much as I dislike WTS I wouldn’t change a thing even though at times it meant going to hell and back for the sake of an “idea” I believed in. But were it not for that, I wouldn’t be who I am today nor would I have some people in my life that I value more than anything. Were it not for dub experience I doubt I would ask many questions I now enjoy asking. Mind you, life might have been far less stormy that’s for sure, but it certainly would not be more interesting. In fact, many of my peers who have never been through JWs experience lead somewhat dull existence. For me personally, all of it led me to appreciate every moment of my life as something precious that will never repeat again, so I’m not wasting a moment of my existence on this planet. I guess sometimes you ought to waste time on something to learn just how precious every remaining moment really is. So no I would not change a thing!

As for things I’ve been through… well if nothing else they’ll certainly make fascinating stories for my grandkids one day when I recite all of that by a campfire...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit