Ok so you left the idea of God - what would it take to come back?

by Qcmbr 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

One point that has played many times on my mind (and is fairly central to my world view) is that if God exists its up to Him to prove it. What would it take for you to accept God?

Starters for ten:

Personal appearance?
    See angel?
    Evolution superceded by another logical answer?
    Alien life discovered?

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

I do believe in God...or rather, a supreme being. I just don't believe in the god of the bible. As far as Jesus...all I will admit to at the moment is....Jesus was a man and he walked on the earth. Son of god?....I won't go that far.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think bribery would work for me. Say, a million dollars?

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

When pigs fly.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I would need:

a) Personal appearance (whether by the Big Guy himself or a messenger)
    b) Some sort of external violation of causality sufficient to convince me that the personal appearnce wasn't just my hallucination
    c) If the appearance wanted me to 'worship' him/her/it, then a damn good reason why I should

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I'm with Euphemism. It's not too much to ask.

GBL

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

I have my own experiences as well as understanding of the Bible, and I'm also very familiar with numerous skeptic and apologist sites and books. After years of researching things, I am undoubtabely a Christian, though I have learned more about humility and am unfortunately not the greatest example of what I believe in. Anyway, I believe it will always take faith to believe in God and that the "doubting Thomas" scenario was a very unique experience.

That said, some things may occur that will cause something to click in someone to recall certain passages of scripture that might possibly cause that person to look into things a little more, though I feel it would have to be something fairly major that seems clearly dealt with in the Bible, i.e. not something such as some very vague prophecy as the WT might use for some of their doctrines.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

What Euph said. And I'd need some proof from the messenger.

Dave

• seedy3
    seedy3

A personal apperence would do a lot twords making me think about it, but not enough to convince me that he/she/it is any thing more then a being that has power that we don't. Even after the appearence they woould h avee to show me why I should worship them, and it cannot be because I'm more powerful then you. They need to be deserving of worship, hell that's like my boss telling me I need to worship him or he'll fire me, or the BIG guy down the street gonna beat me up if I don't, that just ain't gonna happen.

Seedy

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

A tiny bit of real evidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit