Ok so you left the idea of God - what would it take to come back?

by Qcmbr 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

God is a completly different story!

enlighten us and tell us the difference.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Evanescence, what is the difference betwen god and the tooth fairy?

I'd accept any reasonable objective and repeatable proof of god's existence.

This, for example, isn't it;

http://proof-of-god.freewebsitehosting.com/

... in fact it is pretty piss-poor as it gets into presuppositon, circular reasoning, false linkages and god-knows what else in the first page.

There hasn't ever been reasonable objective and repeatable proof of god.

What there have been is continual development (by theists) of excuses as to why there isn't reasonable objective and repeatable proof of god.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The honest and candid answer to why "meeting God" isn't a laboratory repeatable experience is "we don't know". The best apologetic guess is that He has a personality quirk that desires to keep it personal and unverifiable.

As for the tooth-fairy talk, etc., we all have our paradigms...
    One man's alien is another man's god.

• Mac
    Mac

I'm thinking a toaster oven and free checking...

yeppers, that's the ticket!!!

mac

• Mac
    Mac

Wait..

that's too easy..

there has to be a large parted body of water between me and that signing.......

mac

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I would like a universal manifestation - i.e. everyone on earth gets the same message, at the same time. Then I would like her to clarify whether she wants something of us or not, and if so, why she didn't say so clearly in the first place.

I would also like her reassurance that if the Incas, ancient Greeks, Southern Baptists or Druids got it wrong, she wouldn't hold it against them, given that she didn't bother making herself clear.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    everyone on earth gets the same message, at the same time. Then I would like her to clarify whether she wants something of us or not, and if so, why she didn't say so clearly in the first place.

I would also like her reassurance that if the Incas, ancient Greeks, Southern Baptists or Druids got it wrong, she wouldn't hold it against them, given that she didn't bother making herself clear

Clever very clever....great post.

• dh
    dh

i would have to understand 'why' (to everything in an infinite sense), then i would have the information i need to answer this question.

• Terry
    Terry

Terry,

Not everyone has a god who requires all of those things. You seem to assume that everyone who believes in God believes in a Christian Fundamentalist god.

Sirona

As long as invisible people (or rabbits) aren't involved it starts to sound better.

I'm just curious as to why people want to, long to, crave to be smaller than their beliefs.

Why make oneself small in relation to any idea? Is it a branch variant form of masochism?

I've lost track.

I think if I hadn't been fed a long line of god P.R. by my family as a child I'd not have arrived at such a prostrate ego when the cult arrived to take me on the Magical Mystery Tour.

Most curious!

Terry

• Terry
    Terry

God and tooth fairy are completly two different things!

You know how the tooth fairy belief started up!

God is a completly different story!

Hmmm. Really?

Both take a piece of you for rewards. Both act when your eyes are closed.

Both use people to do their work and then claim credit.

Both employ public relations sponsored by parents.

Both, have no logical use for what they ask from you.

Makes me wonder................

Terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit