Ok so you left the idea of God - what would it take to come back?

by Qcmbr 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Belief in invisible people is quite an accomplishment, really. You have to keep at it 24 hours a day. You have to really want it.

More than that, making those invisible people better than we are, older and in charge of everything is even more spine-tingling an assertion.

Every time you need them they don't show up, so, you have to make excuses for their behavior. Got a child dying? Ask their help and the child dies. Got cancer? Ask their help and what happens? Chemo, loss of hair and the statistics tell the rest of the story.

It is all about excuses and explanations; night and day, over and over. Explain explain explain; to yourself and others.

As if that isn't enough; those invisible people are DANGEROUS to offend! Oh yes. Make no mistake about it! You have to stay on the good side. Too much at stake. So, kissing invisible ass is part of the program you sign on to (for the rest of eternity, no less).

Invisible people want stuff from you too. Yep. They want service! They want perfection! They want everything. Very needy.

You have to talk to them (and they won't answer); you have to ask permission for important decision (and they won't answer); you have to sing to them and please them and praise them and ---whew!!

It is a full time job!

You can't be puzzled by all things logical either. Asking "why?" the invisible guys who have everything (all the time in the universe, all the power) NEED us meat+skeleton characters at all. But, they must. Otherwise, we'd be history.

You see, they've got big plans for us. They need somebody to tell what to do and how to do it. We have to learn to jump each and every time they utter a (silent) "Frog".

They want servants, waiters, slaves. They are rich. Very rich. They crave praise constantly.

Of course, if it comes to danger---well, they can't be hurt at all (these invisible pals); no. But, you can. Oh yes, and you WILL take a bullet for them. You'll crave to take a big hurt just to get chummy. You must be alert to recognize opportunity for self-harm in their service. Lotsa brownie points. Yes sir.

In view of the above....I opt out. The worst thing that could happen is that I take time out right now from actually having a life of my own to participate once again in the lunacy suggested by the above preoccupation with invisible friends who have me under their cosmic thumb.

Thanks, but, no thanks.

Terry

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

That's quite a god you're created to disbelieve in, Terry.
    It also seems that you've exchanged one preoccupation with another...

Btw, are you stalking me
    It's coz I told ya I loved ya, isn't it. A touch of the puppy-syndrome?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Maybe a better question would be "How could it be possible that God doesn't exist?"

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

From the very beginning "God" thrives on the lack of evidence.

An impressive storm was evidence for Baal-Yhwh. But if Yhwh is to be "God," not Baal, he isn't in the storm anymore (cf. 1 Kings 19).

Yhwh as a national god became "God" in the wake of his failure to protect Jerusalem from the Babylonians. The very notion of "God" is antithetic to evidence. His words are uttered in silence, his presence is to be believed in his absence, etc. Any evidence pointing to "something" would have nothing to do with "God" -- due to the very definition of "God".

Because of his paradoxical nature, "God" is never far from "coming back" -- unless you have come to beware about the dialectical trick of hastily turning the 0 into 1.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Seeing and hearing 'it' personally. Not in the form of a near death experience or a person's teachings, but actual first hand knowledge as proof to myself.

• Satanus
    Satanus

No burning breast for me, qucumber. Actually, i never really left the idea of god. The idea just changed radically. Why would i want to go back? How about you, would you go back to grade school? Why not?

S

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Believing in god involes faith!

If you ask god a question do you really think that an angel would come and unrole a scroll and tell us gods message?

If all of a sudden one day god appears out of no where right in front of us, we would die of shock!

Gods appearance is too much for us to handle! we can only see him in his grace when we die and go to heaven!

Where do you think the bible came from? do you think that people made up all the stuff in the bible?

Instead on listening to what the elders say or reading the new world translation bible.

Read the bible that catholics and prodestants use! that bible has been translated by professionals who actually passed scholaships in greek and hebrew! unlike the ones who translated the new world translation!

If you seek god with all your heart you will find him!

God doesn't physically speak to us he talks to us by

Speaking through others

Through the bible

Whispering in our hearts god communicates to our heart and soul not to our mind!

Science cannot prove gods existance because science can only tell us about physical objects god is spiritual!

sooo according to scientific knowledge the big bang has created us! well I ask you What caused the big bang? their would have to be a force behind it!

What about how the universe was created? how the sun and moon is positioned and the position the earth is in!

Could all this positioning be a "coincidence?" nothing is a coincidence! God plans EVERYTHING!

I often and other faithful christians have felt gods presence and seen his works in our lives!

Some people even have deep and meaningful dreams with god involed the typical imaginary of the walk by the sea shore!

There was a story of an athiest who had written on his gravestone "never to be opened for eternity!"

a chestnut fell from the tree(I think it was a chest nut I can't remember), the nut grew and bursted open the grave breaking the message up into many peices! Thats a true story!

Prove to me there isn't a god!

• ivy
    ivy
    what would it take to come back?

I want an apology

• Sirona
    Sirona

Terry,

Not everyone has a god who requires all of those things. You seem to assume that everyone who believes in God believes in a Christian Fundamentalist god.

Sirona

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

God and tooth fairy are completly two different things!

You know how the tooth fairy belief started up!

God is a completly different story!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit