Cyber Relationships / Cyber Sex

by Lehaa 42 Replies latest social relationships

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

thanks sirona will keep that in mind

can you give me some pagan msn addy's

• ShadowX
    ShadowX

Could never understand cyber sex thrill, or as my grand father used to say in similar occasions "Son, it is like licking honey through the glass jar" in translation - no effect

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Enjoy! (Please remember to wipe your monitor clean after you're finished licking it)

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

your grandfather is a very wise man

lol

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

I met my husband back in 99 in a chat room. I was seperated from my first husband, and I really just wanted some new friends since I was in a new state where I didn't know anyone. I had just bought the computer a few weeks before I found him.

He lived in the next town over and was in the military. We chatted, emailed and then he asked me to call him. He was so concerned about me being comfortable talking to him. I wouldn't share my last name, address, phone number, etc. I had 2 small boys at home to be concerned about. I remember he told me to look him up in the phone book to make sure he was who he said he was. lol

We met about a month later, in a public place, and he was exactly what he portrayed himself to be. I had a girlfriend come with me and stay for a bit until I was sure he was okay to hang out with.

Honestly, if I had met him in person first, I probably wouldn't have been that interested in him. He is cute, but he is 6 years older than me, and we look at least 10 years apart in age, and he is much taller than me. I never really was interested in anyone older than me...they all seemed too "adult" LOL I was 22 when we met. But because we were able to talk first, I got to know him for what he is on the inside, and I liked what I saw there.

We got along great, and we still do. We got married 8 months after we met. He left the military as soon as he was able to, and moved to my home state. We have a 3 year old son, and a baby on the way.

Just be cautious, and know that while it may not work out, it may very well be a good experience. Probably the best thing is not to have high expectations going in, although it might be too late for that. I have met female friends on the computer who were totally different when I met them in real life, and not for the better.

Good luck!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

thanks mama cat, i'm glad things worked out so well for you.

Congats on the new baby, hope everyting goes well 4 you.

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

Thanks Lehaa! We really are hoping for a girl this time, since I already have 3 boys! This will be my last baby no matter the gender though.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

chance would be a fine thing

• joanne_
    joanne_

hi there lehaa, i met the fellow i am dating online at lavalife.com. we have taken it really slow. the one thing that clinched it for me, so that i wanted to meet him, was the web cam. he just came across as a really decent nice guy that way. anyways, you get a feel for someone if you talk quite a bit with them. anyways we are dating, and both of us do not want to rush into living together or marriage at this point. we just enjoy each others company....and btw..that is the same site my brother met his wife...and lots of people at work apparently have met their husbands and boyfriends/girlfriends on line too. you just have to be careful as in any other way.

hope this helps, just follow your gut feeling

joanne

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

There was a position paper I read from an NYU study about a year ago. It was reprinted I believe in the New York TImes about a year ago....

But a couple of interesting things in that article that it said...the longer you go before you meet in the "real world" the higher the chances of success of a long term relationship. If I remember it correctly it was if you went 4 to 6 months before meeting you had a significant better chance to develop into a long term dealio.

My honey and I emailed, chatted via phone, and letters for 4 years before meeting. It was like having this voice in the darkness I could tell my problems to without any judgements and condemnation. He didn't know any of my b/f's or real world friends so I felt comfortable telling him all my deep, dark, secrets. I think he felt the same way about me. So when we both found ourselves single yet living across the country from each other we figured...oh well it's been 4 years let's just hang out as friends.

Since that time it has been 2 1/2 years. We are getting married in that radical Soviet Canuckistan...also known as Toronto, in 12 days :)

So for us it has been a success. I knew my baby from the inside first then saw the outside. I am truly a lucky and blessed individual.

SO GO FOR IT I SAY!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit