Do You Know Of Malcontent ExJWs That Bitch About Life Because.....?

by minimus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Seit, I liked my avatar more----when it danced.

• love11
    love11

Aww come on guys... I think Terry's way of putting things is very eloquent. Yes, he could have simplified things, but why should he have to?

Terry- One suggestion- Write a book, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Mini...mini...mini...for someone so upset about people bitching you sure seem to be doing alot of it.

Love ya

• blondie
  • minimus
    minimus

Blondie, you just know how to make me "content".

• william wallace
    william wallace

Speaking from personal experience ( and observing some others) I can say that I believed I was in "The Truth" because I WANTED to believe it and wanted to believe the things taught. I'd made a real mess of my life and believed that being a JW was the way out of the mess and to solve all the problems in my life. So, you could say that my motivation was not to serve God but rather to get out of life what I wanted. Selfish, huh?

And so I guess God let me believe what I wanted to believe - including the lies, or to be more charitable the untruths. (I don't think the GB or others within the org set out deliberately to tell lies).

I'd also like to say that it seems to me that many former JW's have totally abandoned belief in God and faith in the ransom of Christ because of finding out the truth about "the truth." This in my opinion - no it's more than just that - it's based on the truth in the Bible - is a huge error. God still exists even thought the GB have got many things wrong - and Jesus Christ is the only way by which someone can be saved.

Finally, although the GB are proven scripturally to be wrong I personally made some good friends during my time as a JW - and did learn some valuable spiritual truths. And I try every day to grow closer to God whom I now know to be according to 1 Timothy 3 v 15, 16 as Jehovah who came in the flesh as Jesus Christ.

May God Bless all

• Hondo
    Hondo

I am not a JW, but blame them for the destruction of my marriage, family, my life. After 20 years of marriage they got their evil grips around my then wife and, well, the rest is history. They packaged her up very well to a point where I became an object in her life. If she had a choice of going out to dinner with me or attending a meeting, guess what, the meeting took precedence. Her augument in every case of choosing between doing something with the family, or me, was that she was going to die (spiritually) if she did not attend the particular JW function, and had to please Jehovah. Sick, sick, sick... I pay her alimony for 3 more years, but she refuses to get a job in preparation to augment her income after I cease my payments to her. Her claim is that the end is "soon" and that Jehovah will care for her. I feel so sorry for her, and angry with the organization that keeps her in her little pardigm box she's in, unable to find her way out. Her life, for all intents and purposes, is stuck in a religious time-warp that she can't escape from.

• minimus
    minimus

Hondo, how maddening that this woman believes in the organizational bullcrap.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    Do You Know Of Malcontent ExJWs That Bitch About Life Because.....?

Yes, kinda reminds me of the Bible verse that was pounded into our heads, "Jealousy is rottenous to the bones"

Dismembered

"They": believe they're gliding down the highway,

when in fact they're slip-sliding away.

• minimus
    minimus

I know whatcha mean, Dis.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I think the fundamental problem starts with a false assumption.

where was it written prior to your birth here that life need be fair to anyone in the ideal sense that everyone has an equal shot at health wealth and ability?

80% and more go to bed hungry every day without adequate shelter and are generally in poor health.... its really odd that so many can ignore this and whine that they were taken advantage of by JWs while still better than kings of the ancient worlds could ever dream.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit