Do You Know Of Malcontent ExJWs That Bitch About Life Because.....?

by minimus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• pratt1
    pratt1

You can complain and obesse over lost time, lost opportunities and even lost loved ones, but the truth is, we all have the capabilities to make a new future that can include new opportunties and new meaningful relationhips.

However, in my opinion, when your entire belief system is based on the world that we live in today is going to end and all non - conformers are going to die, it is very hard to devote the amount of energy and resources to change your lot in life. I have seen many ex dubs who really want better things in life after leaving the borg, only to allow an obstacle to completely throw them off track. Sometimes they reason that they really are bad people and that the don't deserve better, or maybe they still buy into the thought that because they do not have Jehovah's blesings any more any endeavor will fail.

It takes time and encouragement to get based that ingrained religious BS that we were raised on.

Even though I feel successful in my relationships and professional life, I still fight the urge to blame my failures on not having God's blessing.

I does get better everday....

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

You're so right, Minimus!

I must tell you, though, that ever since I turned in my JW zeal my education and finances became better because I made up my mind to work on them.

Bought a house, bought land, finished my college education, got a job I can enjoy no matter what government implications it has. Overall, I've decided to find satisfaction in life now. Forget waiting on Jehovah. If he's given me the ability to enjoy life now, and to solve certain problems, that's exactly what I'm doing.

DY

• Krystal
    Krystal

As painful as it was to leave being a witness, to be honest, I think there have been some positives...

1) I use my sales skills in my job... (it really helps)

2) I find going door to door when I was young gave me alot of confidence. I am not afraid to talk to "strangers" or to meet new ppl.

3) Because my parents wanted me studying early, I have read alot of books have a good vocabulary and speak publicly with ease.

I am constantly trying to think of what I learned as a witness; like things I would want to do the same or very differently.

Bad things happen to good people: I count myself lucky it wasn't worse...

~Krystal

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

God Minimus,

And it's all because they were Jehovah's Witnesses. Such ones, oftentimes are simply lazy ill-prepared blamers for their do nothingness.....

You are sounding more like me every day. I tend to rub off on people it is true - a bit like the flu, but now you are nothing but an elitist, arrogant, intolerant, sheep-loving, unloving Nazi.

HS

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

okay minimus - i haven't moaned enough as an exjw or "mnoved on" referring to another post - but i feel invited to do so !

I have got into a large amount of debt, not pursued a career and do not own anything in the whole world (gold diggers beware) apart from a few hundred books. all of this because i did indeed anticpate my immediate destruction. life has been on hold pretty much since i was 16 in terms of making any material progress. It will take me at least 3.5 years to repair the financial problems now that i know it was all bullshit thanks to this board. and hence i will be a good 20 years behind my peers.

Well - shit does happen - and I am happier finding out now then later! especially in the kindly hands of this board!

crumpet xx

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Good question Mini ( I can't believe I just said that )

I think being a witness, and especially raised in it, was to get use to rejection.

Everything else can be learned through school and education. Even elementary school children have to get up and speak, oral reports etc.

We can take good out of every bad. I watched the biography of Colonel Saunders of Kentycky fried chicken yesterday, he had a hard life, and didn't succeed in KFC until he was 65! But he was still hard headed enough to not buy stock in his own business and died not that rich. Moral? Sometimes you have to learn a new way of doing things.

They also had a bio of the founder of Wendys, Dave Thomas never completed high school, after telling students how important education is, a student called him on that he was a success, and he didn't graduate. He went out and got his GED in his 60's . He was adopted at 6 weeks, born to an unmarried mom which in those days was a big disgrace. Before he died he put his money into charities for adoption agencies. Moral? it's never to late to learn, and it's never to late to give back.

We have one life, we have to give it our best shot. That is what I am learning and living, and it does take time, but every day gets better.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

It may not be too late for most people who are relatively young but for those in their upper years, it's damn hard!

Some of the people who post on this board are lucky they got out early enough and were able to salvage some sort of career, make money, friends and get married, etc. etc.

But for those who got smart too late, what can they do? I'm not saying they can't get some happiness out of the rest of their lives but make no mistake it is not the same as doing things when you are supposed to, timewise.

LHG

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Right on, u/d !!! What you said! You just make me wanna stand up and cheer.

I don't think it's wrong for me to want to figure out the various reasons why/how I'm screwed up (including but not limited toJW influences) THEN bitch about it a bit and THEN try to figure out how to get unscrewed and move onward and upward (definitely the goal and definitely a process) and maybe even help and encourage others along the way.

~Merry (of the almost upwardly mobile class)

• minimus
    minimus

Hillary, you always do make me laugh....I like that. "God Minimus". It has a certain ring to it. NPY, we are never to old to learn something. You're right about being a JW. It is a lesson in "rejection". So true.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Though many may have wasted years of not living, not finding the blessings among friendships and not having found our niche in life through a career, or even service in the military, we still need to seek out things which can bring a sense of accomplishment to our lives, in fact, happiness, as I have found comes at the end of accomplishment, goals, pursuant of education, these are the things that can bring meaning into our lives. The worse thing any of us can do, is to stand back and do nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit