don't ya think it's a rotten trick?

by zaphod 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Never said God has punished me. He hasn't.

I don't blame god for MEN!

Brooke

• Freedom
    Freedom

Zaphod:

Quote: i've always thought that it was a rotten trick for god to create us with free will and then punish us for using it.

Would you rather be a robot?

freedom

• Krystal
    Krystal

I prefer to think of "punishment" as consequences...

If you put your hand in fire, you will get burned. To be honest, I dont think any of us are being punished by god... just "reaping what we sow"

• JW83
    JW83

I wonder how 'God' is being generous to those children starving around the world right now, or to those children being sexually abused, or to the people who have just found out they have an incurable disease ...

• Ring Wielder
    Ring Wielder
    So what is it that the starving or molested children have sown...to reap what they are reaping?
  • zaphod
    zaphod
    re: Would you rather be a robot?

if you mean, would i rather be devoid of freewill, then i guess, if i was, then i would have no concept of freewill and would therefore not miss it.

of course, if it were taken from me completely, as opposed to the many small ways that it is infringed upon daily by god, governments, family commitments etc., and i had awareness of its absence, then i would imagine that i would miss it.

i suppose that it would depend on the benevolence of whoever was in control.

zaphod

• cheeseman
    cheeseman
    I dont think any of us are being punished by god... just "reaping what we sow"

Krystal, how are WE reaping what WE sow when it was ADAM & EVE who sinned in the garden of eden. Also, before Adam & Eve ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge they did NOT KNOW good or bad. How can God condemn them for eating the fruit when they didn't know the difference between good and bad? How can god give us the "reward" of sin and death for someone else's "mistake". I didn't eat no damn fruit!

If Adam & Eve's punishment was sin & death then that means logically:

SIN & DEATH = PUNISHMENT

What do we suffer from????? Sin & Death...am i wrong?

We suffer SIN & DEATH

SIN & DEATH = PUNISHMENT

Therefore, we are being PUNISHED.

If you can't see that then you need to think about it some more.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

If you take the idea of the 'Bible God' out of the equation then things are different ... at least for me.

I'm with u/d, if there is a 'God' as defined in the Bible, then why AIDS, deformity and so forth??? I know of Christian and non-Christians who actually believe that God is behind everything that happens, good and bad. That can't be true. Did God intend for children to be abuse and neglected ... no you say? Then why does he 'allow it' if he has the power to stop it???????

I believe that we do have free will to a certain extent but some things are programmed within us either through DNA, hormones ... whatever.

I don't let the 'Bible God' rule my life and make my life decisions for me. Just doesn't work. I try to live according to Jesus words and love my neighbor as my self. And since leaving the borg, I've learned to love myself very, very much

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I made a decisive step in my exit from the JW (and perhaps Christian) mindset when I realised how sick the whole concept of having a god create people to judge them actually was.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I agree with the whole Aids topic and how horrible events are today with Disease and Poverty etc etc etc!

However, I think it shows the true intelligence of someone if they blame god and hate god for everything. Remember the old saying 2 sides to every story. If you believe in God then you must believe in Satan. Fault him as well. However, don't stop there! Really don't you must go on with it. Blame all the wonderful things that happen as well. Blame Babies being born, lovers wed, family gatherings, wonderful heartfelt miracles....Blame everything not just all the bad. Just shows how small minded people can be.

I say get over yourself if it is that bad then leave this world. If your life sucks that much and you hate it then end it. Don't sit there and feel sorry for yourself. Stop the selfish thinking. You get no where but a pissed of attitude. There is Good and Bad where ever you go.

I believe there is a God. I do because I got away from the JW's and saved my children and given the chance at a normal life.

To those I may offend I am blunt and honest that's why I am not a JW!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit