1975 - Lest We Forget

by GetBusyLiving 92 Replies latest jw friends

• Essan
    Essan

WitnessofJEsus said: I'm not dummie, I have a degree, and I hope to complete my Master's before I retire from the U.S. Navy and then get baptized, so I won't be an idiot, but I will ask all the questions NOW, before I get baptized so I won't bet disfellowshipped afterwards.

I really hope you do open-mindedly ask ALL the relevant questions and do ALL the relevant research about the Society's history before being baptized. My concern is that you already speak with a degree of certainty that indicates a mind already made up, and possibly, closed. You seem to have already bound up your cherished hopes and sense of identity with the Society. If so, that will make it all the harder for you to respond honestly and rationally to any information you discover which shows that the Society cannot be "God's Organization".

I was a JW for 30 years, from birth, and believed exactly as you do. And many here were JW's much longer than that. We were deceived, as you are being deceived. Don't make the same mistake we did and do ALL the research and questioning NOW. Don't wait until you have wasted decades of yours and your family's lives and possibly suffered terrible consequences - perhaps by abiding by an ever changing, nonsensical and unscriptural blood policy, or suchlike.

For instance, if you have the old literature you know that the JW's did not preach that Jesus invisible presence as King began in 1914 until decades after 1914. You may also know that the Society lies about this now, claiming that they preached this decades before 1914. This is totally false and is easily proven false by comparing the old and new literature. Does it concern you that they lie? Do you know why they lie about this? It may have more significance than you realize. Try asking you study conductor what JW's preached about 1914 before 1914. Then compare their answer with truth revealed by your research of old literature. Why don't JW's know the truth? Why have they been lied to? Does lying matter to you? What else may they be hiding or lying about?

This is just the tip of a pretty monstrous iceberg.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

WFJ...

I appreciate your drive for truth and "getting it right". I do see a bit of a problem with your rationale though...you have rejected the traditional teachings of Christendom as unacceptable after studying them in seminary, but you are now embracing a replacement theology in the WTS teachings without much question. If your screen name is true, you are already in a conundrum since you are not a witness of Jesus, but rather a witness of Jehovah if you are a JW. The very fact that you have chosen a military career puts you at odds with the WTS. I understand you may have a contract to complete with the Navy, but what would the WTS teach your fate might be if Armageddon came today? The fact that you are looking to higher education is in opposition to the WTS's recommendations for JW's. I applaud your plan of asking questions BEFORE you get baptized...that is very wise. I hope you can ask these questions independently and free of pro-JW bias. If you do and still choose the WTS, then you have been honest with yourself. You are fortunate that you are in a position to have that choice. Many of us were "born in" and thus never had that conscious choice available to us.

One point on 1975. I was in high school in the late 60's, and I can guarantee you that there was EXTREME pressure put on young people from the platform and the WTS literature to avoid college and pioneer since we would never be able to graduate anyway. The subject of 1975 came up at nearly every meeting and assembly in the years leading up to the date, and it is just plain dishonest for the WTS to claim otherwise. I lived it and any revisionist history by the WTS to the contrary is just plain BS.

Good luck in your questions and search for truth...just be honest with yourself and the search for truth.

TYA

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

WFJ,

I am a bit puzzled...in this thread you claim you were a Baptist and went to seminary before rejecting it and joining the Navy. During your stint in the Navy you claim tohave received a bachelor's degree and started studying for a master's degree. You claim that you will get baptized when you leave the Navy.

In the thread below, you claim to have been a Mormon elder for 12 years and having your marriage sealed in the Temple. I may not be a math genius, but the numbers just don't seem to add up.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/88933/3/Which-is-worse-the-Jehovahs-Witness-or-the-Mormons

I am not a cynic, but I smell a rat...does anyone else get the same feeling?

TYA

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

One thing:

Jesus told the people are to be baptized in the Name of The Father, Son and Holy Spirit, NOTHING or NO ONE ELSE !

Nothing else is suppose to be part of the baptismal rite, as is shown in the NT whenever these was a baptisim mentioned.

So I ask you this:

With what right does the WT add itself to the Baptizimal rite?

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses
    I think these predictions were used by Jehovah to perform sifting work amongst His people, to determine who His true followers are, and who were not, and those who left were obviously not 'sheep' as they once thought they were.

I have heard this "sifting" argument before and it drives me crazy how absurd it is. There might have been a sifting going on after 1975 but it certainly wasn’t caused by Yahweh. After 1975 many people woke up to the fact that they were in a Doomsday Cult that was making false prophecies about the end of the world. Unfortunately not everyone who sees through the Watchtower’s lies are free to leave. Their families are literally held hostage. What a loving organization.

• Heaven
    Heaven

In 1969, I was between 5 and 6 years old and being told I would never have to go to high school or have to have a career because the new system would be here before I reached that part of my life.

The WTS was so sure it was coming in 1975, that it was on the news. Me and my classmates said mock good-byes to each other. But the 'new system', 'the end of this system of things' never occurred.

I am now closer to retirement than the beginning of my career.

The WTS is responsible for so many lies... so many unfulfilled promises.

For the lurkers out there, you have to ask yourself....

Why am I in an organization that has, for over 130 years, had a 100% failure rate in the fulfillment of their Armageddon Prophecy?

At what point do you step back and take stock that something is just not right here?

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Even my dad commented this past week: "I was there, I know what Knorr said, I heard him myself; he said 1975 would be the end." Those of us that lived through it will know - the rest may choose to not believe. Everyone who stays in will make some excuse to be part of the herd.

The absurd part is that even with the cold light of day, dad still thinks there's reason to believe the WTS still has Truth.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

@witness...if you are dinky die:

you were not there in 1975 and you have are simply parroting of the 'society disclaimer'. so sad...too bad...no real harm done...just serve jehovah...do what we tell you...

As Cantleave reminds you, go listen to a baptism talk where they baptise you in the name of the spirit directed organization. You cannot seperate yourself from the publishing arm of the corporation as you call it. For you to say that Jehovah uses the Corp as his publishing arm clearly shows you have not spent any real time looking through the corporations history and teachings. Do that and i think you will change your mind. But... you will believe what you want to believe.

Clearly they got you on the promise of paradise, and the having of children. Your emotions are over-riding your brain smarts. That corporation has some of the brainiest janitors going.

You know its not true, but you want to believe it is. First off, your trusted publishing arm of jehovah tells you not to be on this board for one... Is that jehovah or the men at the top wanting to control what you learn?

Make sure you ask those questions before baptism. Both you and your wife, because should either of you question them after, rest assured that they will tell you that one of you will be in paradise alone....

all the best with them...you will need it.

yes, i too would like to understand the discrepencies in your story....please explain

oz

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

6000 years back starting from 1975 was another set up pretentious lie !

Just to make it all sound believable they spoused October

of that year as this calculable important date.

An imposable calculation even from the bible's information.

The WTS. from its earliest inception was pure and true bullshit, one could make an comparison to the National Enquirer of religious publishing.

• karter
    karter

B.i.t.t.t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit