1975 - Lest We Forget

by GetBusyLiving 92 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I find the topic of the 1975 end of the world scenario FACINATING, especially since I never lived through it. Do you old schoolers ever feel concerned that people will one day forget about what really went down? With whitewashed tripe like the 'Proclaimers' book informing dubs that it was just the false expectations of over enthusiastic apostates, are you at all concerned that the legacy of bullshit that is 1975 will be a forgotten moment in history blamed on YOU instead where the blame really belongs?

GBL

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

In my Opinion...I think it has already been forgotten really.

Brooke

• Dustin
    Dustin

I honestly feel the society will always be liers and cheats who wreck the lives of millions with false hopes and dreams. But isn't that the same with every religion? The governing body is just old hypocritical me.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

Oh GREAT!

Now i'm an old schooler.

thanks for reminding me how MUCH TIME i wasted of my life.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

1975 is too old for many JWs to remember anymore.

The WTBTS denies the whole fiasco.

DY

• Dustin
    Dustin

I wasn't even alive in 1975. I'm glad the end didn't come. One of the cable channels should make a B rate religious drama out of it. I would star as a JW who ruins their life to follow the ramblings and direction of a religious cult. Oh wait, I did that once already.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I was 8 at the time so I remember things around and about 1975. But was told how weak those brothers and sisters were.

But I remember assemblies where people were talking about selling their biz and pioneering etc...

I also remember the large amount of "turmoil" going on with meetings, fall outs, disfellowshipping etc. I also knew the Gregerson family, Bro. Franz talks about in his book Crisis of Cons. And it seemed starange he got DF'd for apostacy. That was another BIG deal I remember quite clearly.

When I was told 1975 was never touted by the WTBS a few years later I was like "I thought they did? But I must have been mistaken. I must not have understood what they were saying I was so young." There are a couple of audio clips floating out around here with Franz blabbing about 1975 and alot of it came back to me.... THEY DID TALK ABOUT 1975....lying bast##ds.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Well it's pretty similar to all the other wrong dates they've given. They've whitewashed all the false dates given from the 1880's, 1914, 1919, 1925, etc etc. They'll just keep heaping on the BS every time one of their predictions doesn't come true, and changing the wording of the publications.

• bennyk
    bennyk

Most of the SIX MILLION know nothing of 1975 (they entered the Org after "Armageddon"!), and if the WTS may have its way, they never will hear anything TRUE about it. It is quite amazing that even those who were JW's IN 1975 seem to have a real ignorance regarding that most fateful date. Selective memory? Defective memory? NO memory? I remember, and that's why we'll be having a 30-year-Anniversary-of-Armageddon party this October!!!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Society was denying their predictions for 1975 already in 1976. I heard a district servant say in 1976, "Brothers, if you heard it, you didn't hear it here!".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit