I heard the apostafests/ meetups get pretty wild...

by love11 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Love11- I went to my first fest two months ago. There was only one person there who I'd actually met in person before (but we hadn't seen each other for like, 12 years). I was surprised at how mellow the vibe was. Every person I met seemed pretty normal, actually. I had a laugh over how very different many folks are in "real life", as opposed to how I'd been picturing them. For the record, most of the guys on this site are a helluva lot hotter than their avatars would lead you to believe. I say this as someone who's utterly monogamous, but not dead yet.

I think that some opportunities existed for some "bad" behavior, ie drugs, drinking, hooking up, but it wasn't overt, and I had a lovely time at the party, nursing my one drink. I imagine that, like all parties, each apostafest has its own feel, dependant on who's attending. But my one experience was prolly 97% positive, for what it's worth.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I met up with Joanna, Eyegirl and No Apologies this past week. We had a very uncomfortable, even terrible time. Everything went wrong, there was little to be said except for complaining, and I would never, EVER do it again. I hated every minute of it.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    I met up with Joanna, Eyegirl and No Apologies this past week. We had a very uncomfortable, even terrible time. Everything went wrong, there was little to be said except for complaining, and I would never, EVER do it again. I hated every minute of it.

Really? Yikes. So sorry to hear that. I had not heard anything about this. I would imagine that an apostafest, like anything else social humans do, is dependent on the people themselves and their levels of maturity. I have also found that some of my better events are the ones that I did not have pre-conceived notions or expectations of others.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

OK. Now I feel silly and y'all see just how gullible I can be.

I just read the thread from earlier today (yesterday) that says that these three had an absolutely GREAT time.

*sigh* I feel silly.

-Aude.

• morty
    morty
    group sex on the front lawn.

WALTER, I'M TELLIN!!!....

You said what happened in Toronto, stayed in Toronto..

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I guess I would have an opinion on the subject

Most times you get to mingle with the cream of the crop - folks who have left the WTS and have a story to tell. Don't expect to hear all the story, however, as you'll be lucky to talk to anyone for more than five minutes straight. There's usually a "buzz" and the mingling makes for a lot of distraction.

Often there's a beer, or two, and folks may or may not over-lubricate just as at any other party. Most remain civilised throughout, albeit some of the English ones can get a bit rowdy with the singing

Drugs, sex and rock n roll? Well you'd probably have to look out those things for yourself. It's not provided as the main attraction. Folks are usually there to put faces to avatars.

At the end of the day people are people. Some enjoy more "fun" than others, and each finds their comfort level.
    I was sorry to hear of Cygnus experience - having met those guys, I know they are great! Some are so nervous they could be sick, but more often than not it's self-imposed, except when faced with Valis

Try not to expect too much of your first Fest. It's been my experience that the first time is usually a mix of anxiety, excitement and raw nerves, resulting in a catatonic state of just "watching" everyone from a corner. It's often not until you've been to two or three that you start to unwind and really enjoy them. Where have I heard that before??...

LT, of the "Fest Ho" class.

• bem
    bem

I enjoyed meeting everyone when I went to Indiana last summer. It was a dinner and dancing. And I got to meet a poster we don't hear from too much anymore. Little witch, she was a very gracious host, her family are excellent. best kids I have ever met.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Cygnus, you're either a lier or are just making a joke. Which is it? (You gave an opposite opinion on another post)

Ken P.

• morty
    morty
    Little witch, she was a very gracious host,

I miss that girl.....anyone hear from her anymore???

• love11
    love11

orange- I still can't seem to see those pictures. Are you copying and pasting them in?

For the record, most of the guys on this site are a helluva lot hotter than their avatars would lead you to believe. I say this as someone who's utterly monogamous, but not dead yet.

Really?!!!... Hmmmmmmmm.... sigh....

Little Toe- thanks man, I needed that after reading cygnus's post! hahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit