I heard the apostafests/ meetups get pretty wild...

by love11 38 Replies latest jw friends

• love11
    love11

What's been your experiences and would you go to one if they were in your area? If you don't have any official gatherings for ex-jw's then what have you and your ex-jw friends done for fun? Hopefully curiousity doesn't kill this cat. Love

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I think it all depends on what you want out of a 'fest! Chris and I are not the wild partying types, but we always have a wonderful time at the apostafests -- in fact, we've hosted a few and are having a crawfish boil at our house on April 30, so if you're in the Dallas area or can get to it, y'all come! Some people like a little more excitement and they can find that too -- it all depends on what you want. But no one forces anyone to do anything they don't want to do. Years of being in a rigid high control group has pretty much burned that out of us.

Hope to see you sometime!

Nina

• Swan
    Swan

Yes, they do! I remember the first one I went to and several people showed up driving 2-door cars!

Tammy

• love11
    love11

Thanks Nina- I think right now I'm just looking for a few good friends. I'm not the partying type either, but I do like to have fun and go to barbecues or the beach. I live in the Michigan, Ohio area so Dallas is a long ways away. I thought you lived in the V. Islands? Anyways, thanks for the invite.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

lol@two door cars...

I'd love to go to one, and am planning on going to the Oct 8th one in Vegas which is actually my birthday as well. I wonder if Hubby will allow me to *gasp* dance?

Jeannie

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

basically they involve a lot of people with died hair and weird peircings. There's usually a keg of beer, lots of good bands, and a wicked DJ upstairs for all the ladies. The party usually lasts from about 8 PM-6AM (or whenever the train starts running). If you want to smoke some grass bring your own. Nobody likes a mooch. Cocaine and meth are fine too, but for god's sake please be discrete. Some of us are trying to cut back. Shooting up or smoking a powder will get your ass kicked out the door.

Keep in mind that even though the girls are hot many of them have been around the block a bit. Condoms, though not manditory, are highly recommended. Most of all, have fun, keep up a positive vibe, and above all else be yourself.

Not exactly a wild party, but it's still a good way to kill time on a work night.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

That Vegas trip is going to be insane. I am sooo going.

GBL

• Emma
    Emma

I don't know about wild, but at the get together I went to the men were tie-less and the women wore slacks!

Now, I don't know about the British ones!

• love11
    love11
    basically they involve a lot of people with died hair and weird peircings. There's usually a keg of beer, lots of good bands, and a wicked DJ upstairs for all the ladies. The party usually lasts from about 8 PM-6AM (or whenever the train starts running). If you want to smoke some grass bring your own. Nobody likes a mooch.

All of this I can handle... sounds like a fun time. The rest? well ? ... to each his own.

Or were you just joking? Ooops! hahaha

• hubert
    hubert

Hey Love,

Find some ex-j.w.'s in your area, and p.m. them, and ask to have lunch or dinner with you and a friend / partner on a weekend, or whatever. You don't have to get smashed.

That's how I met "Zev" and "Somebody". Nice people, too. We had a nice lunch, good chat, and plan to get together again in the future.

Good luck.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit