I heard the apostafests/ meetups get pretty wild...

by love11 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

If I'm ever single again, and the place of the apostafest is in an interesting location (i.e., Las Vegas, San Francisco, Orlando, New York) I'll go!

DY

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I guess I've been to three official 'fests'.

The first one I went to could equally well have been a JW gathering, except that all the people were a lot more interesting to talk to! But there was nothing that any JW would have frowned at, other than the free and frank exchange of ideas.

The second one, a few folks smoked pot out on the patio, and a few couples disappeared upstairs for a little while. It was very discreet, though... nothing you would have noticed if you weren't paying attention.

At the last one, one person had too much to drink, started becoming abusive, and had to be ejected. Aside from that, however, everything was pretty laid back; once again, some people discreetly went to a private room for whatever else they wanted to do.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    The second one, a few folks smoked pot out on the patio, and a few couples disappeared upstairs for a little while. It was very discreet, though... nothing you would have noticed if you weren't paying attention.

At the last one, one person had too much to drink, started becoming abusive, and had to be ejected. Aside from that, however, everything was pretty laid back; once again, some people discreetly went to a private room for whatever else they wanted to do.

Hmmm.... I wonder......... were these married couples? I mean married to each other. DL76

• love11
    love11

"Private Room" ? ? You mean they have elders meetings there too?!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA

Maybe cygnus should visit one of those private rooms, it might make him have a funner time at the fest! hahaha

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

LOL Sister love11, could you step into the library, please?

• Sassy
    Sassy

I hosted a California party last October. I had planned to hold another one this October until the Vegas one got put on the calendar. I'd like to encourage attendance at that one, so will either not have one this year, or have on in the summer..

We had a LOT of fun at ours.. and no one went home saying OMG I can't believe I did that..

everyone said.. when can we do it again?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Aww they are fun try to make one if you can it really helps to put a face/personality with the poster.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I went to my first fest this Feb. I met some really great people. I did not take my kiddos because I thought it get too crazy and left wishing I had taken them. They would have liked it and there were some children there. I am so very leary about meeting people off the internet and no one there frightened me. Pretty normal.

• love11
    love11

Thanks everybody for posting.

I didn't know kids were invited. But I think I would need the break!

Vegas sounds fun, but if I got a vacation I would probably want to go to Cali. instead. We'll see. I was invited to a gathering via pm, but it was about 5 hours away from me. Maybe some other ones will come up in the future. In the mean time I'll just keep visiting my LIBRARY! euphemism HaHa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit