Comfort food recipes

by mkr32208 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Quentin
    Quentin

Smoked oysters, cream cheese and crackers. Sounds strange I know, but I love the taste.

• IronGland
    IronGland

what is comfort food?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    what is comfort food?

Usually a dish that has strong emotions tied to it, so that eating it makes you feel better when you are feeling down.

Easiest comfort food made out of leftovers:

Mashed Potatos

Gravy

Fried Eggs

Put reheated mashed potatos into a bowl, dollop with butter. Fry two eggs and place on top of the spuds. Smother in gravy and enjoy. Warning, not a low fat food.

J

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I have a similar comfort drink! take a glass fill halfway with tequila slowly wave an ice cube above the glass then throw the ice cube away and drink!

• sf
    sf

Oroville's 'Sweet N' Buttery' popcorn with an icy cold soda.

Cream cheese rolled up in honey ham slices.

Shells N' Cheese.

Birthday cake with a scoop of ice cream.

Quarter Pounder w/ cheese, fries and an icy cold Coke.

Avocados with italian salad dressing.

Grilled sirloin chunky soup.

Perfect Pot Roast!

Raspberry filled chocolates.

Icy cold milk!

God, there are so many.

sKally

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

My favorite is chicken noodle soup, a peanut butter & jelly sandwich and a tall glass of ice cold milk....mmmmmmm

SK

• upside/down
    upside/down

I thought you were looking for "recipes"?

u/d

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I know this is an old post but I couldn't help adding to it.

Like mrk32208 my favorite comfort food is Macaroni and Tomatoes except I don't add the hotdogs.

My family was very poor and we lived on welfare for a long time. We often had macaroni and tomatoes for a quick meal.

I remember overhearing a JW deride my mother for serving this for lunch to her one day while they were doing a day of pioneering. (Her mother weas an awesome cook) She had her back to me so I dount she knew I was there while she was telling a few other women how disgusted she was with what my mother served her.

I know I felt a mixture of shame and anger but I said nothing. This is the first time I have admitted to anyone that I love macaroni and tomatoes. Almost 40 years later

It is great to eat the day you make it but the next day fry it up in a pan to the point where it just begins to get crusty

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

OK Now I know what I am having for supper

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Homemade chicken and dumplings!

Stew a whole cut up chicken. De-bone. Stew chicken more, then pick out tiny chicken bones.Put meat back into pan. Add more broth and salt, bring to a boil.

Make biscuit batter. Roll out and cut into small strips. Drop into boiling chicken and broth two strips at a time, until all strips are added. Cook until dumplings are ready.

Serve piping hot!

momz

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Home made soup is my comfort food. I used to go to my best friends house every day after school, and her mom always had a pot of home made soup on the stove for us when we got in. I loved spending time at her place, her mother was like a second mom to me, and everytime I make home made soup - I think of her.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit