Comfort food recipes

by mkr32208 27 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I love to cook huge elaborate 10 course dinners and party foods but what about when your sick and just want something that is quick and easy and makes you feel good? What food do you guys like when your sick? Sweet or salty sticky or soupy????

Here's my favorite sick recipe!

Macaroni and tomatoes;

First cook the macaroni! I usually use a whole box cause I only want to make it once and eat it for days! I prefer the middle size shells but elbows will work fine!

Next drain the macaroni! While it's in the sink spray it with cold water then leave it in the colander to drain

While the noodles are draining put some butter (half a stick or so! When your sick you don't care if your fat leave that for when your well!!!)

Put in a couple big cans of whole tomatoes with the butter

Cut up a package of hot dogs into 1/4 to 1/2 pieces and toss that in with the maters

Now leave that on low heat till the butter melts

Pour the noodles back in with the tomatoes stir let simmer for 5 min salt the living hell out of it and enjoy!

What do you guys like?

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup with a plate of soda crackers, that I dip into the soup, one at a time, until they start to soften, but still a little crunch left in the middle.

• Mary
    Mary

Here's my favoarite comfort food recipes:

Take 2 or 3 bottles of good wine---not that cheap crap, but $20.00/bottle or more and place in a large wine glass. Letting it breathe is optional.

On a separate plate, place several fresh stawberries dipped in chocolate. Fit as many as you can on the plate without looking like a pig. If they won't all fit, stuff a few in your mouth while carrying the plate and wine to the couch. Mix liberal amounts of the strawberries and chocolate with the wine until you are well saturated. Let yourself rest for one hour and then repeat the above mixture until you are satisfied. Do not go near a scale or any open flames within 3 hours of consuming this.

Repeat 4 - 5 times per week as necessary.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Rotelle Cheese Dip... cures depression.

Take 1/2 a block of Velveeta and cut it into smaller pieces in a microwaveable glass bowl.

Take one can of Rotelle diced tomatoes and green chiles (reg style) and pour entire can into bowl with Velveeta.

Microwave for several minutes... stirring occasionally.

When it's all melted and mixed (and HOT!) break out the Tostitos' white corn chip and ENJOY!!!

Warning this dish is addictive and has caused me many a bloated night!- so be careful.

And have a Coke with it. It's da bomb!

u/d

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

The Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup is saved for when I'm really sick. Then it's served with soda crackers. When I'm really really sick.... chicken broth.

Gatorade when you can eat nothing because it goes both directions. Lots like a gallon a day for a couple days.

Now sick and depressed..... chocolate in any form. I have developed a penchant for Mexican hot chocolate made with water and canned milk added. Not as sweet but really chocolaty.

• doogie
    doogie

popovers. my mom used to make them when i was little and they're awesome with butter and honey. super easy to make too.

- 2 eggs (beaten slightly)

- beat in 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, 1/2 tsp salt

- fill cupcake pan about halfway

- bake for 20 min at 450 and then 20 more at 350 (they're usually done before that)

my other favorite is:

take an empty glass, fill half way with ice. add jack daniels to taste. excellent.

• Mary
    Mary

my other favorite is: take an empty glass, fill half way with ice. add jack daniels to taste.

doogie, you forgot to add "repeat as necessary"

• doogie
    doogie

doogie, you forgot to add "repeat as necessary"

that's true.

except after the first couple i forgo the first 2 steps.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Campbell's Tomato Soup with toasted cheese sandwich. Dipping is mandatory.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Wasasister's reply: YES! I love the same thing when I'm sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit