Comfort food recipes

by mkr32208 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I don't know what these are called, someone told me they're called "Cheese dreams" but I'm not sure.

1.) Toast bread, for me if it's for comfort it can only be wonder bread.

2.) Place one slice of american cheese (the more processed the better) on top of the bread

3.) Cut bacon slices into squares, place two rows of three bacon squares on top of the cheese.

4.) Place under broiler (or toaster oven) for 2 to 3 minutes until cheese melts or gets slightly browned.

5.) Cut the bread into halves in between the rows of bacon.

I usually make a loaf of bread of these, then go through them when watching a pay-per view or whatever. My father used to make these every so often when I used to visit him on Saturdays, I realize how horrible this is for you but it brings me back to my one day without anything witness related when I was a child.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Tuesday

realize how horrible this is for you but it brings me back to my one day without anything witness related when I was a child.

That makes it all the more special

Chicken and dumplings - wow I haven't had that since I was a kid Mmmmmm

• searchingforfriends
    searchingforfriends

Campbell's vegetable soup (the one with the alphabet noodles) and a PB&J sandwich cut diagonally into triangles. Dip the sandwich triangles into the soup! SOOOO YUMMY!!!!!!.

Reminds me of my childhood.

• wings
    wings

OMG!~ the cooks come out!

Be back later with comfort food ideas.

wings

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Yum, how 'bout tomato soup and grilled cheese, dipped?

We were also pretty poor growing up. When we were sick Mom made Cream of Chicken soup, over white rice. With a touch of butter and salt.

momz

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

When I'm in physical pain (from my tendinitis) and what I really need is a new drug ... oh, but that's another thread...

Um, the saltier the better! Barbecue. Chinese. Olives. Pickle sandwiches. Bouillon, if I don't have anything else.

gently feral

• wings
    wings

Any good food is comfort food. The basics are:

Ice Cream (eaten from the carton)

Chips and your favorite drink.

Popcorn, seasoned perfectly.

Anything smothered in green chilli

Cheese

Salami

Cookies

Cake

Pie

Whatever your mother made....like Pot Roast, or Shepard Pie

I make a grauten potatoe that I put Chipolte Tobasco on....that's my fav.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Clam chowder! Prefer Manhattan if I can find it, but New England is good too. Had the best at Chelsea's Royal Diner in Vermont.

Then there is always a big mug of tea with a shot of brandy or rum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit