How do you keep your kids busy....

by love11 52 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

We got the ones that go in the ear... no fun at all!

u/d

• love11
    love11

brooke- your husband sounds like he has my approach to children! hahaha

jeannie- a few windows have been replaced. Hopefully, as he gets older he can start paying for them. hahaha

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    Hopefully, as he gets older he can start paying for them. hahaha

I've been keeping track and so far the list between 15 year old daughter and 13 year old son is over $3,000.00.....not including medical bills.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    We got the ones that go in the ear... no fun at all!

I remember when I was very little my mom tried to give me an enema.

No way, no how was I gonna let THAT happen!

I fought her tooth and nail until she finally gave up!

-Elsewhere, of the Bootie Virgin Class

• love11
    love11

xjw- WOW what we won't do for love!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((love11)))) enjoy them now, the house work will wait. Make memories with your children that will come back ten fold to you when 20 years from now they will say "we had fun with Mom" instead of "we couldn't really live in our house it had to stay clean all the time."

This is one of my all time favorite quotes from Erma Bombeck:

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER

by Erma Bombeck

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner, even if the carpet was
    stained and the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried
    much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television - and more
    while watching life.

I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth
    would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical,
    wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was my only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now
    go get washed up for dinner."

There would have been more "I love yous".. more "I'm sorrys"... but
    mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every
    minute...look at it and really see it... Live it... and never give it back.

Don't forget to stop and smell the roses today! Take time to tell a loved one how much you love them, do something nice for yourself, and stop to give God thanks for all of it.

Kate (of the I'll have fun with my grand children class)

• xjw_b12
  • xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Sweeping the floor. Yes that used to be a glass door to the oven.

• love11
    love11

bikerchic- Sometimes I think I stop to smell the roses a little too much. I dance with them, play nintendo, ride a bike, walk to the park, take them to the ymca, etc,. Because my mother was always so clean all the time we weren't even allowed in the house most of the day. I try to have fun with my kids and do art projects and games. But when it comes to doing work around the house- it seems like it never really gets completly clean unless someone is coming over or the kids are away. I wish that I could somehow find a balance between being a fun mom and being a clean orderly mom. Thanks for your poem, it was nice to read.

And yes I'm still on the computer, not getting my work done.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

This morning I took my kids (also 1, and 3 ) to the park and shopping now 1 is sleeping and 3 is watching
    hercules (disney movie) and I'm wasting time on here... When 1 wakes up maybe we'll go to the zoo!
    Yesterday morning we did laundry and washed dirty dishes (their job is to search the house for lost forks
    and spoons, they usually find lots as they are the ones who lost them!) in the afternoon we raked and
    mixed in three big bags of potting soil then we went to home depot and they picked out two plants each
    (hannah got two tomato plants I got two jalapano plants and Aviendha got THREE flowers) then we
    planted them and our "sunflower forest" from burpee! After that we took a nap in the hammock then made
    dinner for mommy!

Keep them busy at least one hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon outside and they are
    much less trouble!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit