How do you keep your kids busy....

by love11 52 Replies latest jw friends

• zaphod
    zaphod

i don't have much money for the latest toys, gimmicks etc, but i always keep a box full of empty cartons, yoghurt pots etc for making things.

the last thing that my middle son made was a yu-gi-oh duel disc launcher (rrp £30) out of a card board box and paper mache. after two weeks and a few plan modifications he now benefits from the toy and the satisfaction of having made it himself.

zaphod(proud mum)

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    <---- Look on mom's face.

LOL... My husband is a professional painter by trade, and he'd go ballistic over vasaline on the walls. Sets the next person who has to paint the wall up for major problems which will not necessarily be evident until after the paint over those spots does not set-up, cure, or peels. Can you say blown estimate? Arghhhh...

But, back on topic, just having a variety of stuff for them to help you with will keep them out of your hair long enough to get the stuff that you have to done. Have them help you with: folding clothes, watering the houseplants, brushing the cat, playing search and destroy with something housework related, the old "when we're done here we can (insert treat here)," all kinds of stuff.

How goes the battle anyhow? You've been quiet. Oh, No! They didn't tie you to the kitchen chair again did they?

Jeannie

• upside/down
    upside/down

... reminds me of when my sister and I got into some BIG containers of Vaseline!

What the hell do people use that much Vaseline for?

You guys got me worried... what were your parents doing?

u/d (of the well lubed class)

• love11
    love11

He's 5 and his sister is turning 9, but she's not home yet from school.

elsewhere- I like your idea's... I wonder what the neighbors would think. You had me cracking up! Thanks! Your poor mother! lol haha

He's now playing StarFox nintendo game and that seems to be keeping the wild child still !! hahahaha

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

u/d (of the well lubed class)
    <------------- More information than I wanted.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Ever need a Thermometer up your Butt? If it is dry it hurts U/D!

Brooke

• upside/down
    upside/down

I maybe stuck a thermo up my kids ass twice.

A small tube of Vaseline last me about 50 years... now my 55 gallon drum of warming silky KY lotion is another story and another forum.

u/d (of the slippery is good class)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I wonder what the neighbors would think.

Well, that depends... are you referring to our putting a carton of eggs on the driveway and then running over them with our tricycles, or our commando raids on the neighbor's tomato garden?

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    Mine are 3 and 1....if I have alot to do around the house I make it a game and have them work with me. I got so good at it I painted a whole room with them in and out and playing around me(no fumes) and they had no paint on them. Plus there was no marks on the walls they touched nothing! Try to make chores a game! Kids love to help out it make take longer but you can take care of them at the same time.

I agree with Brooke. Get them involved in some way. It will make you slow down the pace as you interact with one another which should relieve some of your stress too.

I don't remember everything me and my kids talk about, but they are always bringing up some conversation from the past with fondness (yesterday: Julian 9 - "ma, remember when you asked me if I wanted blue hair" ). Being that I can only remember a few instances of talking with my mom while growing up I see even more how much it really matters that I spend quality time with my kids.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    commando raids on the neighbor's tomato garden?

SO!! It was you!... Back off my tomato garden, ya little rascal!!!

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit