Watchtower study - so long and so boring

by Donkey Lipz 43 Replies latest jw friends

• IT Support
    IT Support

Crumpet,

I think we've probably all gone through that phase.

I'm looking forward to it ending and moving on...

• Daunt
    Daunt

IT I've been thinking to myself that this is a cultish tactic for the longest. Thanks for clarifying it for me. Even after knowing the truth about the truth it's hard for me to bounce back the attacks through the meeting sermon because it is so boring. Think my brain is trying to help me out by making me go to sleep. It's immpossible for me to stay awake during the meeting after finding out that it was crap lol.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Is it over yet?

Brooke

• IT Support
    IT Support

I forgot to include another point from the radio.

Apparently, part of the indoctrination process is self-indoctrination. This includes mind-numbing repetions of chants and mantras, such as "Hare, Hare Krishma," etc.

In a WT field service context, perhaps this might include such mantras as, "Would you like to live forever in paradise?" or " Have you ever wondered about the kingdom that Jesus taught us to pray for?" In the course of a single morning, these get repeated over and over again until they're repeated on auto pilot, without thinking.

At meetings it might perhaps be mantras like, for children, "God's name is Jehovah," or "Paradise." For adults, "Wasn't that a wonderful meeting?" or "Brother So-and-So's a marverllous speaker, isn't he?"

However, whatever the mantra, the end result is the same: self-indocrtrination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit