Are You A Better Person Now That You're Out of the "Truth"?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

HadEnuf-----that's the official excuse, huh? OK.

• karly
    karly

I think I have evolved some as a person since I quit attending meetings. I am able to read and study and meditate on many other points of view about life and the meaning of life now. I can see and understand more things now that I don't look at the universe through the filters placed on the lens of my old JW eyes.

• blondie
    blondie

Better than what? Better than who? Better than myself?

Mentally out or physically out?

I started improving as soon as I stopped doing what I thought the WTS said the Bible said and and starting applying this: treat others like you would like to be treated.

I can't say I'm 100% or even 95% but I am no longer in the negative values the WTS promotes; do unto others before they do it to you.

• evita
    evita

I like myself a lot better now.
    I have more empathy and I'm less judgemental of myself and others. I don't have to have all the "right" answers or the "right" religion. It's ok for me not to know everything.
    I am more relaxed, not constantly looking over my shoulder to see who's watching.
    I have more trust in people and the universe and in the knowledge that I can survive difficult situations without falling apart as the JW would have us believe.
    Evi

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I feel the same person, just a bit more accepting of others beliefs and customs, a bit less judgemental. Defenitely way less apocalyptic.

DY

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, is that Minimus when he left??

• blondie
    blondie

Did you leave, min? Pretty exotic sand location..

• minimus
    minimus

I left the organization and never looked back.

• blondie
    blondie

That's the only way to do it, min.

Unfortunately, I left and went back, then left again.

I'm smarter now...

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

In the last three years of my JWdom--I would cry at just the thought of having to go to another meeting. The doom and gloom attitudes that are so abundant in the org made me feel like a traitor to myself, a happy outgoing person. To this day when my in laws start in on what a horrible world we live in----I lose it! I am compelled to point out all of the truly beautiful things you miss when you only focus on the depressing. I absolutely love life outside of the org. and I do consider myself a "better" person in the sense that I can actually interact with people because I'm interested in them and not just interested in how I can preach to them.

Curlygirl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit