Are You A Better Person Now That You're Out of the "Truth"?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

You are right JH no one loves you!

Brooke

p.s. I am kidding.....who doesn't love Rats!

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

My health and fitness are MUCH BETTER: No doubt as a result of:

No stress from scrambling to get to the meetings/go out in FS.

No stress from last-minute substituting for others.

No long, long, long elder's meetings that adjourned in the wee hours of the morning and me having to get up early for work..... [not to mention I don't miss the usual bickering, brown-nosing, and self-righteousness evident]

No stress from constant fretting over something I might have inadvertently said/done that offended/pissed off someone.

And on and on and on.

---Dan

• minimus
    minimus

We underestimate things like what Dannyboy says. The whole grind was unhealthy.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I'd have to say I'm more tolerant of my neighbors, friends and family now that I'm out, I take a much more stronger stance in life when confronting issues that require more than the turn the other cheek perspective. I'm willing to live and in some instances, let die, when it comes to my previous thinking that, if I don't do it, it won't get done, or the" nobody can do that but me " syndrome, or it's always my responsibility to help everyone I can. I relish in having the power to tell some people, NO!!!, meaning it, and not feeling guilty about it.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Absolutely!!! I have more empathy toward others, I try not to judge people so harshly, I gave blood for the first time in March, yesterday I gave $10 at the grocery store for the Marines collecting money for goodie baskets for Marines in Iraq. I could never do those things as a Witness. (although I do enjoy people-watching with my spouse and we make fun of hideously dressed/tacky/weird people which isn't nice)

Most of all, I pray for other people and their situations, which is different from being a JW and only praying that others will become JWs. And I have an honest desire to one day do something to help other people but have not figured out what it is yet. (examples--become a foster parent when my kids grow up, be a mentor for kids, be a mentor at a local church for people escaping from cults like JWs.)

Anyway--all around I am feeling like a more balanced/healthy person and I can enjoy feeling happiness without the guilt crap. I just feel like each day I feel more like a 'normal' person. (Besides being an x-JW, my parents were deaf, my dad is a very negative person, my mom was mentally ill, my parents neglected me and siblings, and as a child I was overweight and extremely shy and teased horribly, and whole family suffered from severe depression.)

I guess I'm just trying to enjoy the life I didn't have both as a child and as a JW. Life is too short!

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Are You A Better Person Now That You're Out of the "Truth"?

I've been out for a long time, but yes, I believe I am a better, more positive, more cheerful person now that I am out.

• lilbit
    lilbit

Oh yes I am truely healthy now after 19 years of always being sick.. ( did you know stress makes you sick?) I am truely happy I have true friends. hmmmmmm found alot of truths after leaving the "truth"

• love11
    love11

According to them, no.

But for my inner well being, yes.

Just knowing that I am being authentic and non- judgmental has made me a better person. I try to be the best I can be without someone forcing me to be that way. I am around people that love me even at my worst and who would never turn their back on me. That's love, happiness, and the Truth.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

sorry........no...............at least not yet...(though i might be when mini asks this ? again in another couple of months)

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

lol @ tijkmo!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit