what song couldn't you listen to....

by loosie 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    Apr 13, 2005
    my dad made me throw away a steppenwolf album (im giving away my age here) because of the song " the pusher" which said "God damn the pusher man" and the song "don't step on the grass, sam" which, in addition to being about marijuana, said " you're so full of shit, sam".

i hid led zeppelin to keep from being caught. anybody here know where i get my user name? the hint is in the previous sentence.

ditto to LZ and Steppenwolf, bonnzo. My mom burned my albums. Also TOUCH ME by The Doors.Bad, bad, bad. Come Together by The Beatles...it got torched also. My Berlin album. Someone had their hand in that dreaded Devil Sign on the front cover.*gasp* Even when I was a grown woman, and in my OWN DAMNED CAR, if she was riding with me, she would change MY radio station if Michael Jackson was on.grrrrrrrrr

Such a hypocrite, though, as she got to listen to her Tom Jones (all sex songs) and Dusty Springfield (Son of a Preacher Man) albums. We argued about it one day, and she was so furious she took a steak knife and scratched through the "sex" songs on Tom Jones' album, but she wouldn't touch Dusty!

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

It must really suck not being able to listen to songs u want to.

My saying is "If nobody saw it, it didn't happen!"

If you have any cd's you love just hide them somewhere and when your mum or any jw's are not around then listen to the cds!

Maybe get a diskman!

As a jw there are times that you should be daring and "bend" the rules!

(sorry i'm a bad infuence!) ;)

Or make a bargain with your mum.

I love music and I can't imagine life without the music I love!

I like listening to evanescence! is that considered "bad" music to the jw's?

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

yes evanescence is considered bad.

even though they rock.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    I like listening to evanescence! is that considered "bad" music to the jw's?

yes, it would be. Amy sings about Christ and suicide...(Tourniquet)

my wounds cry for the grave
    my soul cries for deliverance
    will i be denied Christtourniquet
    my suicide

blood....(Bring Me To Life).....We have no "spirit." When we're dead, we're dead, right???

without a soul my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
    until you find it there and lead it back home

(Wake me up)
    Wake me up inside
    (I can't wake up)
    Wake me up inside
    (Save me)
    call my name and save me from the dark
    (Wake me up)
    bid my blood to run

As for hiding my music, believe me I tried. Got my ass whipped many times for it, too. She found all my hiding places. After a while, it just wasn't worth it anymore. I can be happy that now I can listen to any damned thing I want to!!!

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Oh!!!

I love evanescence! how dare the jw's call it bad music!!!

I like bring me to life and tourniquet too!

Well I think i'll just remain catholic

Have u tried digging holes in your backyard in order to hide your music?

Your mum is clever!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit