what song couldn't you listen to....

by loosie 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• El blanko
    El blanko

Many Reggae songs because they mentioned Jah & Babylon.

I used to listen to the music, but the brothers used to breath down my neck about it.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Am I Evil? - Metallica

Crossroads - Eric Clapton

• freedom96
    freedom96

I was told to get rid of my Styx record.

My parents actually had our PO come over and go through my record collection.

• Berean
    Berean

Was it popular? Then I couldn't listen to it. My mom was a whacked out Witness - actually she was just whacked out.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Frankie Goes to Hollywood "Relax" because it says..."when you want to come"

And "Bohemian Rhapsody" because it says something about Beelzebub...

and "American Pie" because it says something about the devil.

"Hotel California" because of something about the devil.

"Limbo Rock" by Chubby Checker because he says "Jack jump unda candlestick" and my dad said that it meant Jack was getting a divorce and Jehovah's witnesses don't believe in divorce....???????

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Anything by the Grateful Dead as they were a trippy band....and took LSD...baaaaad music!

Ultravox - man of two worlds....apparently it was demonic.

Depeche Mode - Blasphemous Rumours...which was a classic in my collection at the time.

Depeche Mode - The whole of the Black Celebration album because it was recorded in a haunted house!!!?? first i had heard about it but still...

The list is endless...

I am proud to announce that every LP that i was forced to get rid of has been replaced....and a whole lot more since...

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

i played "shout" by tears for fears at a gathering and was told to not play it. seemed that some thought it was about "shouting" or speaking in tongues in an evangelical church. my dad made me throw away a steppenwolf album (im giving away my age here) because of the song " the pusher" which said "God damn the pusher man" and the song "don't step on the grass, sam" which, in addition to being about marijuana, said " you're so full of shit, sam".

i hid led zeppelin to keep from being caught. anybody here know where i get my user name? the hint is in the previous sentence.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"Heaven's on Fire by Kiss or anything by those groups"

Yeah, an elder's son tried to convince me that KISS stood for Kings In Satan's System.

"anybody here know where i get my user name?"

John Bonham?

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

i hid led zeppelin to keep from being caught. anybody here know where i get my user name? the hint is in the previous sentence.

I wouldnt care if he had made a pact with the Devil to play like he did!! The greatest rock drummer Ever...imo!

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

Dan-O, bingo! john bonham it is!

fleaman uk, you better believe it! no one pounded the skins like him!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit