what song couldn't you listen to....

by loosie 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

"I want your Sex" by George Michael. I love that song

• MattieSus
    MattieSus

Brand New Key

My dad got mad when I sang it to him "with gestures", and poked him in the belly with my index finger. I thought he'd think it was cute? I was 14.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    And "Bohemian Rhapsody" because it says something about Beelzebub...

That kinda got me laughing ... aint nobody knows what the sung is about but yes it does mention beelzebub.

I couldnt listen to The Mary Jane Girls "All night long" cus it was naaaarsty, I got the CD as soon as I left JWs.

Marvin Gaye "Sexual healing"

I got counselled from the platform for buying MJs "Bad" album.

Brumm

• IronGland
    IronGland

I was not allowed to listen to my Behemoth,Deicide, Blood Corpse,Entombed, Godflesh, Vomitory or Zyklon B albums.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

There were soooo many, but particularly "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" BUT I LUV LUV LUV Cyndi Lauper..

One Elder's wife said we could not listen to "Walk Like an Egyptian". As she said "WHy would you want to walk like an Egyptian, they were enemies of God's people?" It was so stupid. Even my ultra strict mom said that was just stupid. BUt I also LUV LUV LUV The Bangles..gawd I'm so gay...

• Brummie
    Brummie
    "WHy would you want to walk like an Egyptian, they were enemies of God's people?"

Larf out loud!

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

The chicken dance (based in paganism?_

anything by fleetwood mac, stevie nicks (she was a witch)

Lets spend the night together

Also heard recently that they condemned Macarena

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

One Elder's wife said we could not listen to "Walk Like an Egyptian". As she said "WHy would you want to walk like an Egyptian, they were enemies of God's people?"

Surely,that one takes the biscuit!!!

• Sabrina
    Sabrina

Ugh, my mom HATED music. Partly because of the JW's brainwashing, and partly because my dad was a music fanatic. Too much of a good thing can be bad. I LOVE music, but even I don't want to hear the blaring lyrics of rock blasting from my speakers in the early hours of the morn. Everything was censored for me, even certain radio stations, where the lyrics were edited, was banned. Prince, MJ, anything popular, loved by the 'world' had to be a bad thing. My mom would let me listen to a boring radio station for an hour, but only if I listened to Kingdom Melodies tape for an hour. I usually just opted not to listen to music at all, I heard enough of that other crap when I was at the KH, three times a week. As if being forced to sing 6 Kingdom songs a week wasn't enough. She did, however, buy me an old Mickey Mouse record player and let me listen to Disney Soundtracks. How gracious of her.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Any "Alternative" music, which at that time had a huge spectrum that included White Zombie to Social Distortion to Tool to the Smashing Pumpkins to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

I snuck it in anyways. ;)

When I was 18, I started getting into goth music, and the name itself was a no-no, even though before my mom found out the name of the genre, she was dancing to Switchblade Symphony, the Bauhaus and the Sisters of Mercy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit