what song couldn't you listen to....

by loosie 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

I used to do the music for the dub get-togethers. I remember I was playing an oldie cd and "16 Candles" came on......and I hurried to change the song.

Dubs reacted to music differently when they were in a group as opposed to driving alone in the car.

Gumby

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Don't know why, but I couldn't listen to this one. Guess it's cuz we were cat people, and dad didn't really like dogs?

You been bad
    Don't do what I say.
    You don't listen.
    And you never obey.
    Try to teach you.
    But you just won't be good.
    You won't behave the way
    A big girl should.
    It's time to give the whip a crack.
    I'm gonna have to send you back to
    Bitch School.
    Bitch School.
    You're a beauty.
    You're the best of your breed.
    You're a handful.
    And I know what you need.
    You need training.
    Gonna bring you to heel.
    I'm gonna break you with my will of steel.
    Discipline's my middle name.
    And no one comes back the same from
    Bitch School.
    Bitch School.
    No more sniffling strangers, or running free at night.
    You think my bark's bad, honey - wait till you feel my bite.
    You got problems.
    You whine and you beg.
    When I'm busy,
    You wanna dance with my leg.
    I'm gonna chain you.
    Make you sleep out of doors.
    You're so fetching when you're down on all fours.
    And when you hear your master,
    You will come a little faster, thanks to
    Bitch School.

• Purza
    Purza

Running with the Devil (Van Halen)

All I Want to do is Make Love to you (Heart)

Purza

• gumby
    gumby
    Don't know why, but I couldn't listen to this one. Guess it's cuz we were cat people, and dad didn't really like dogs?

.......and may our great god Jehovah bless your father for his rightous indignation against such demonic music and lyrics. Shame on you and your friends for even entertaining the thought of listening to such trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you were my son and I found out about this, i'd make you pioneer for two years with zero donut money for breaks!

Gumby

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Don't it make my Brown eyes blue by Crystal Gayle. I get a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever I think of or hear that song.

• Dustin
    Dustin

There was so much I wasn't suppossed to listen to. My parents were very strict. My dad was like Tipper Gore when he was an elder. But I broke every rule when it came to music. It's the biggest love of my life besides my wife.

I remember my dad broke my Beastie Boys "Liscensed To Ill"

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

My old man cracked down on Jimmy Buffett tunes, especially Pencil Thin Mustache (the reference to jazz musicians smoking marijuana) and God's Own Drunk ('nuff said). He would have had a cow over some of the other tapes I kept in my car ... AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, etc.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Well, I was under the "no see, no tell" policy. As long as they didn't hear it, I was free to do what I wanted (at least thats how I interpreted it).

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Huey Lewis and the News - I wanna a drug.

Hot Child in the City - disco sucked anyway no?

Afternoon Delight - I was in like 3rd grade

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Papa Don't Preach by Madonna (Not that I particularly wanted to listen to it.

According to Arthur "Anesthaesia" Matthews, the title suggested a rebellious attitude. And as he proclaimed this from the platform at a district convention, it came to be law in our house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit