What's the BIGGEST WEAK LINK in the WTS Armor?

by Black Man 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Whats their BIGGEST weak link ?

The Governing Body.

I will expand if anyone wants, but to do so, it is "statin' the bleedin' obvious" to quote Monty Python.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

To rory-ks -- what a great essay. How could someone so eloquent have become wrapped up in the WTS. I think it's because there are a few -- like you -- who enter the kingdom hall doorway and refuse to hang their brains on the coat rack. Their grey matter remain active while sitting and listening to the droning and boringly repetetive drivel. There's no telling how many of those seats are occupied with those who've already begun to fade but for family sake continue to pretend. Smart phones and tablets help them convert the time into something a bit more constructive.

To Phizzy -- go ahead and make our day.

Len

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

And lest we forget those Overlapping Generations which have single-handedly stimulated the brains of honest-hearted ones to make their exit or begin their fade, here's a reminder:

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What's the BIGGEST WEAK LINK in the WTS Armor?

Its long list of devious commercialized lies as a publishing house.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Money. They are only after money and people to supply it.

Basically, the religion is a franchise and they are looking for more franchisees. If congregations and circuits have to pay a certain amount per publisher, like a franchisee pays the franchise owner, then we are just a bunch of customers and out to seek more customers.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer = its inherent corruption.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

O.K FF2005, I will indulge you !

The GB have set themselves up as Vicars of Christ, they substitute for him in every way, far more than that other Vicar of Christ, the Pope.

They alone are " The Truth, The Way and The Life", Jesus is a non-entity now.

In demanding this worship, they are now trying to be a bit charismatic, as Jesus of Nazareth obviously was, so now we see them all the time , their photos everywhere in the WT Publications, and videos of their talks etc.

The problem is ,charismatic they ain't. They are also very prone to saying very silly things, A.M the Turds "TightPants" being just one example.

If you put yourself on a pedestal as they have done, first of all, birds will sh*t on your head, then someone will knock you off.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Phizzy brings out a good point, in that since the GB members are now putting themselves in the direct lime light

more so than any other time in the history of the WTS., people will instinctively connect this organization's

corruption and lies to those men, running this religious publishing house.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I just want to second millie210's answer of "the elders". I don't believe that the GB actually affect the average JW all that much. We see them maybe once a year, all smiling and charming (well, Morris is the exception to the rule), and then we go about our lives as Witnesses. And there are many in the congregation who we can ignore if we don't like them. But the elders, now, they're the ones who can make the JW experience a decent one or a torturous one. You can't get away from them except by going to another congregation and possibly being viewed as "weak".

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The weakest link for this publishing house might very well be the non existence of anything happening

like the WTS. said it would for over a century.

Solidified the fact that this religious publishing house was indeed a culpable commercialized fraud.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit