What's the BIGGEST WEAK LINK in the WTS Armor?

by Black Man 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
  • Dansk
    Dansk

Their being insular! When things go wrong and panic sets in, which happens all the time, many individuals can't cope.

Ian

• alw
    alw

it has to be the NET, it is so powerful.

without the net and sites like this one i would still be having guilt feelings about fading, however learning the real truth about the truth i am now feeling like a normal human being again.

jws are told repeatedly not to spend time on the net on such sites as this, yet .... how many jws comment on here??? not to mention the ones who just browse the site!

curiosity killed the cat! curiosity helped me to see how i had been fooled by the org.

mr.alw

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

The net is obviously the biggest threat through the ease of access to information, but what information has the most potential to harm them?

If you had a friend who was considering being a JW and wanted to open their eyes then what would you direct them to?

I have a link to the original UN story from the Guardian Newspaper in the UK, can anyone think of anything else?

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

On the second thought, TIME

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I would have to say it is the free flow of information on the internet.

If I had known about their past I would never have joined (sounds like a club, ha ha). But really, the fact that they cannot just reinvent themselves without the whole world knowing is very bad for them. The other scandals are bad also but with the internet available you see them all at once. They must be burning made about this.

LHG

• Krystal
    Krystal

I was aware they dropped the idea... (I was 10 and had one hell of a time wrapping my head around the idea!) I only left 3 years ago. But there are MANY of them that still clung to that... (including my parents) who's faith is a bit "shaken" because of the change.

Unfortuneatly for me I didn't figure out how to "work the system" and avoid DFing... But... alot of kids are... just not getting baptized... waiting till they turn 18 and then just dropping off the planet.

I say good luck to them... it must be easier than gettin booted!

-Krystal

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    There is a serious epidemic of "double-life" going on.

If that's a crime- I'm a criminal.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Googling Jw.org instead of going directly to the URL ;)

• Fernando
    Fernando

Their own publications.

Their own fruit.

Their fear of TTATGN.

TTATGN = The Truth About The Good News (Gal 2:5,14; Col 1:5)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit