"I can't stop thinking about Jehovah's Witnesses!"

by logansrun 61 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

AK,

Perhaps you missed....

Just as a further qualification, I do not intend to say that my observation applies to everyone on this site. Far from it. I'm just saying it is something to think about for some.

Bradley...of the "swimming against the tide" class

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Bradley:
    Did ya stop to wonder why the tide is flowing that way?

Not behave, and talk about sex - it more becomes you...

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Bradley...of the "swimming against the tide" class

I would suggest you are of the totally drowning class.

Everyone here has swam against the tide dude, thats why they are here! >roll eyes<

• Brummie
    Brummie

Your agenda for this thread is clear, its to spout off your superiority over everyone, forgive us for finding it totally annoying, superiority complexes always are.

When you are standing two inches away from a large picture you can't see the whole picture.

You mean when we are standing where YOU are and can see things clearly like you can..I see! Thx for the tip!

You create a scenario about a "few exwitnesses" that you then address. In creating the scenario, you aim the daggers at everyone except for the "few ex witnesses" you refer to. You try to leave a loophole so you can take back your accusations:

Just as a further qualification, I do not intend to say that my observation applies to everyone on this site. Far from it. I'm just saying it is something to think about for some.

Not everyone? so who is the "They" or the "few ex witnesses" that you refer too?

but I don't believe most people do much "moving on" here, at least not mentally and emotionally.

I see! Its not everyone (lets exclude you for instance), but just "most" here? I Got it!

and whats one of thier problems again?

In other words, it's not so much that they can't move on, but that they won't move on.

Riiiight...gee thats silly of them en it.

But, to think that one must constantly go back and re-hash the "awful past" and the "terrible Watchtower" seems rather silly, if you ask me.

A total misrepresentation of "most...here", but thats because your silly en it.

Hope I'm not being too condesending

Brummie

• zealofjehu
    zealofjehu

the real question here is this why do you want to forget what they did? true your life should not focus on the past its done its over but consider this.

the watchtower bible tract society is guilty of real crimes not just against men or woman but also against small helples children. turning your back on a grown adult sticking things in to a small helpless child and then being hidden by a money making orginization makes me sick. the thought i was once a part of that group makes me sick.

the idea of people having to lose their familys to this same orginzation simply because they dont want to be wittnesses any more makes me sick. watching as families are torn to shreds and people wish to die over living because of the men down in broklyn

knowing now that the gov body allowed the men in malawi to die or have to watch their wifes get raped by a group of men before they were put to death while a totly different stand was taken in mexico simply to keep the land that the wtbs had aquired as en econoical orginzation in mexico is disgusting. think about it the last thing you get to see is your wife being _______ by a bunch of really screwed up people. is that not frighting.

we all know i could continue on with this list and fill up many pages but the point is what was done is done and now we are out. we know the truth about them, its not simply they are not from god. no its much worse being false is one thing but they are truely evil in their misguidedness ( if one can truely say they were mis guided

for us its the past and we can leave it behind if we wanted to. but maybe what we see is just to horrible for our minds to ignore. maybe deep down we want to stop the abuse of power. we want to protect the chilren and put an end to the terror that these ones have brought into so many lives. i have spent maybe a total of 12-20 hours a month on this sight. not a lot and their are times when i dont think about wtbs or jws at all and then there are days when i cant stop. why?

simple i know that there are still kids coming in their doors. there are still families being hurt and abused and there are still new ones being fooled in to the false sence of sucurity that the wtbs gives.

sure we can say its the parents job to protect thier young not ours. but then again we all know how easy it was to put on and keep on those blinders. we have learned to much to simply walk away or just forget. the society is counting on people who learn what we have learned to just walk away, or to come to the conclusion nthat thier is nothing we can do. their big were small. i say we can and we are as noted in other threads on this sight we are having an impact.

i look forward to the day when this website gets shut down because its no longer needed but it wont come until the crimes of the wtbs comes to an end and they are exposed world wide and banned in every country. then when we know that they can no longer hurt innocent childern and destroy families and can no longeer cause the deaths of so many then i will put it behind me.. at that point the past will become the past and that is were it belongs

we have knowledge that peolple need if we didnt learn from others would we have gotten free. yes iam sure some of you would have but i know i would not have i would have continued putting my self through torture for them and fore that i greatly appreit having this sight. but now we owe it to the others who are still in who dont know the truth

but logan you are right as well this battle can not and must not take over our lives for i fear many in this fight might lose them selves in it. perhaps if ever the day comes these might not want to see the wtbs fall becasue they will have nothing left to fight. maybe to big of a part of them might die with it. it is often said that warriors true warriors can not stand the idea of peace. they need war in order to live they must have a enemy.

please dont take offense to what i have written here its just how i feel

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Is there really much objective discussion of the organization and the psychology of leaving it? Or is there a group-think mentality in which anything and everything about the JWs is horrible?

Maybe no to the 1st question, but my answer to the 2nd is "sometimes", or even better "only among some members".

There are plenty of posts I've seen that are just anti-JW for no good reason, and then I've seen many responses indicating we shouldn't be saying negative things unless there's some facts to back it up.

Another possibile explanation of what you believe is groupthink may instead be people venting their valid anger--angry expressions are often characterized by overstatement, exaggeration, etc., which subside when the anger does.

• Aztec
    Aztec

I think that some are taking this topic a bit too seriously which may in fact be proving Bradley's point.

Good post Walter!

• Brummie
    Brummie

lol, Brad expects us to take him seriously, I know its a hard thing to do but..well..ya know

• startingover
    startingover

Just my 2c:

I too spend more time thinking about it now that I'm out than when I was in.

But I have a reason. I have a wife who goes to all the meetings and service twice a week, parents who I visit everyday that have literature laying all over the coffee table in front of me, JW family that I see everyday, Saturday service groups stopping in the use my bathroom. They don't say anything to my face, but when I accidentally uncover emails from a close friend to a family member describing me as mentally ill and having a loathesome contagious disease, I know how they talk about me behind my back.

Reading here has opened my mind to so many new things I can't begin to describe it. It's also great to know things about the org before my family does, just because. Knowing that I'm not alone in my feelings is priceless and with the info I get here I feel like I'm educating myself. I would also love to help my wife see the truth, and I get so many ideas presented here on how that can happen.

Will there ever come a day when this is not so consuming in my life? Maybe, maybe not.

• doogie
    doogie

Call me callous or condescending, but I don't believe most people do much "moving on" here, at least not mentally and emotionally. Is there really much objective discussion of the organization and the psychology of leaving it? Or is there a group-think mentality in which anything and everything about the JWs is horrible?

i don't care for lots of opinions/mindsets on other boards. so you know what i do? i dont read those boards. it's not rocket science. if i have nothing in common with people that post on model railroad websites, i just don't post there. i don't go and try to change them (even if i think model railroads are lame). methinks you have more in common with the "few" that you are writing to than you'd like to admit. that's why you have a hard time looking away.

talk about wasting too much time thinking about something...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit