"I can't stop thinking about Jehovah's Witnesses!"

by logansrun 61 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Take some time away from this board. It will change your perceptions of the organization and your relation to it.

Why?

I've been posting here for over four years and I'd defaintely say I'm way over the ex-JW thing. I truly enjoy the variety of topics here, esp. the political ones raised by people from other countries. I've also enjoyed many other non-JW topics. Now that I think about it, it's less common for me to read a post regarding a "JW topic" then it is regarding some current event.

IMHO posting here is no differnt then most other leisure activities, it can be over done. On the other hand, I enjoy reading comments from people all across the globe on today's current events.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

This reminds me of the many "get over it" posts I've seen.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    This reminds me of the many "get over it" posts I've seen.

Yup. I know it's sometimes hard to get the "sense" of what someone is writting (as compared to talking with them face to face) but I don't like being painted with broad brush. I post here, have made some good "online" friendships and enjoy reading many comments made here, esp. those with differing points of view. I don't see what the big deal is.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Interesting topic, and from the number of posts, others feel the same way.

As already suggested, being a JW for god knows how many years, is a little different than being a Cubs Fan. We become one with cults. "My name is Joe Smith, and I'm a Jehovah Witness." I believe we all know that feeling. The religion was imbedded into our very being, and you couldn't imagine life beyond its scope. Exiting the sect means you're no long attending meetings, and it usually means you no longer buy into the theology (however many still do to some extent). There is no getting around it, being a JW is a very big part of our history; it's where many of us came from.

No wonder the JW theme doesn't cross our thinking regularly, years after the fact. No, I don't think about it every hour of the day, but there is seldom a day or two that goes by when my JW history doesn't come to mind.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well these discussion boards have filled a void that has been missing from my life for several years. When I left Kentucky in 1995 to move to Florida, I left the only good friends I have ever known. Being raised a JW, I grew up very Isolated and never felt like I fit in. After high school, I moved to Kentucky to live near my relatives (non-jw) and made alot of friends up there and felt that I really belonged. After leaving Ky in 1995, I have only come close to having friends. I have felt alone for so many years now, I just wish I could re-capture the happiness I once had back home in Ky. Well anyway basically I have had major feelings toward the WT Society all my life, which ran from fondness to disgust, I was only confused, because I still thought that that was possibly jehovahs true organization and I didnt want to speak out against it too much just in case I decided I wanted to survive armageddon, now I know without a shadow of doubt that its nothing but a lying sack of manure religion, and I want the world to see it for what it really is.

I view the internet as a great tool in helping to expose the WT Society, and I dont blame the internet for my online addictions to these boards, as I have had these feelings for quite some time and no outlet to vent them on.

If it wasnt for the internet, I would still be thinking today that Armageddon could come at any moment. I no longer live in fear of Armageddon. I still have alot of unresolved issues about the WT Society and my elder Dad, and someday when Im able to tell him just exactly how I feel, then I may just decide to take a break from EX-JW life and just be a normal, everyday person.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Brad, the day that you stop frikkin analysing exJWs and getting it all wrong, then perhpas YOU will be able to move on. You are always blaming the exjws for something dude. Anyway, I wish you the best :)

Cheers

Brummie

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Exactly Brummie, perhaps he should redirect some of his judgements toward the WT Society instead of people whose lives have been harmed by this devious religion. Bradley, you are so JW that even you dont recognize it, you come across as having this "i know better than you" attitude. Perhaps your experience in the the WT Society was a blessing on your life, but it was definitely a hindrance in mine and many other former witnesses I have known.

Dave

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Brad... since you're being so free with your advice, let me give you a piece of advice in return: learn to be less condescending.

A lot of us have the impulse, when we learn something from personal experience, to want to share it with everyone in the world. But it comes across a lot better if it's presented as 'I did this, and it worked for me' than 'this is what you need to do'.

You may now proceed to tell me how I'm violating my own advice.

• Brummie
    Brummie

You are right JG, Brad just needs to let everyone experience life in their own way and not assume that we are all still experiencing the painful Watchtower, I've had it up to ere with these "special needs" talks!

• Brummie
    Brummie
    You may now proceed to tell me how I'm violating my own advice.

HAHAHahahaha, you know its gonna happen....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit