Were You Always Afraid To Do Something Wrong As A Witness?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

JWs are always being reminded that you "could" stumble someone. You had to continuously question yourself about possibly offending another (weak) Christian's conscience.....Were you always worried that you were going to get into trouble because you might've screwed up somehow??

'

• upside/down
    upside/down

Tremendous guilt.... constantly.

I actually got married (even though I didn't really want to) at the behest of some elders that told me that my "problem" with choking chickens would get me killed at the Big A. I felt like sh*t constantly, as I couldn't seem to "lick" my "problem. lol.

Anyway, the guilt is almost completely gone and I could give a flyin f*ck if anyone is "stumbled". If you "stumble", pick your sorry ass up off the floor and move along... GET OVER IT!

u/d (of the likes chickens class)

• kls
    kls

Mini !!! You is back and alive !!!

Hi Mini ,we missed you

• minimus
    minimus

Hey, KLS!! Thanks!!!!! U/D.....I know of gay persons getting married for the same reason!

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

When I was learning music, I was told not to play that demonic song: Stairway to Heaven.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I was afraid to even walk backwards!

Brooke

• Dansk
    Dansk

Yes!.............................................................................................Pity others weren't, especially elders!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Yes. It was called being "sensitive to those who weren't as spiritually mature".

• minimus
    minimus

It is nice to know that in normal living, we can say things that might even be unpopular with the group yet we don't have to be shunned for it because of the obligations of the cult. We don't have to fear every look, comment or inward thought. Normal is so much better than being a JW!

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

ALWAYS.

Now I am a little less anal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit